Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Tell us about your worst experience with a customer

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
stigmata

Tell us about your worst experience with a customer

Postby stigmata » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:43 am

HAHA Ok, lets face it! We've ALL had a handfull of customers you'd hope their pet would turn on them and maul them! I had a customer today who wanted to buy this nice lev 64 Kimogila for only 100k. However its was REALLY nice and I knew I could get more. So, she asked if I could make her one for 100k. I said \"Ok sure, what the heck I'll do it!\" ... Well, I was waiting for a customer to pick up a pet from me. She said to me \"Hey! What are you doing?! Go make me my pet now!\" I almost said right there \"Sorry deal is off\" and I politely said I'm waiting for a customer. So the customer comes up to me and we do the exchange and the customer had some questions. She goes up to my customer and said \"You have to leave him alone ok? He needs to make my pet for me and you are taking up too much of his time\" So, I look at her and I said \"Um, are we married?!\" she looks at me and said \"What?\" and I replied \"We must be married with the way you are bossing me around\" Basically she told me to go to hell and shove my credits up my composite butt. :twisted:
Anyone care for some corpse jello?
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:46 am

I hear that...

The problem is that most potential customers havent got the first clue about BE.... They dont understand that it is not a basic crafting profession where you bash in resouces A and resource B, spin the dial and cross yer fingers.

They dont comprehend why making a pet means you have to go to 3 different planets, and spend 3 hours driving around dathomir looking for the specific beastie to sample...

They just dont get the concept that by the time you rattle together a high lvl pet, your bike got trashed by a nightsister, you've been diseased for the last 4 hours since you were on endor, the cloning station has offered you a loyalty card for repeat business and you are naked because your clothes have decay'd clean off.

so a word to all ya customer types.... go read up on BE... and givvus a break.
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:11 am

Oh man, trying to explain that you cant make a krayt non ch pet gets SO old and I've got to the point to where I really dont even do custom orders anymore. They ask how much for a custom made pet and I'll quote a price and they get SO mad an say its a rip off and I tell them making a pet to an exact level with an exact attack is virtually impossible to guess. Plus, I'll have a ton of leftover pets that i could have made really nice pets with and that money out the door.
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:19 pm

Heres story number 2. I was just starting out on B.E. and I was 4042 on B.E. and I had a girl ask me to make her an uber pet. I told her you'd be best off with a Master B.E. However, she insisted I try, so I did. I used up about 60 DNA samples and nothing could equal to her pet. I told her before I started that I'll be fair and charge her 100k per every 5 set of DNA I used up. She tipped me 100k and Obviously I knew I couldnt match her pet even though I told her a million times I cant match her pet. So, after she tipped me the other 100k for the other set of DNA I still had no luck. I logged out for the night and when I logged back on she was spamming in Coronet starport that I'm a rip off and a con and I'm a Master B.E. who doesnt know what I'm doing. Ugh, whats up with people?!
Xriss

Postby Xriss » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:35 am

i had a someone send me a tell yesterday, asking if i could make him a kimo. I was just about to go out looking for new dna when i got the tell, so i didnt have anything on me to make one, however i told him i had one in my vendor (apparently i was charging way too little for, seeing as someone here said they could get 100k+ for one) for 40k. it was a lvl 40. so he says he will pay 50k if i bring it to him. sigh. so i go get it, and make the trade, and now he wants a few more, so i say sure, but i need to go get me some dna for it. ill let u know when i have some made.

I have about 40mins left on my buff now, so i go to endor and get chased by spiders and gurrecks and robas and get about 8 decent dna samples, 3 of them with light armor before my buff runs out. so on my way to meet him, i pull out my droid and use the 5 non-armor dna's to make a kimo. sent him a tell, and make the trade, he asks 'just one?' i say, yea, for now thats all i got. then he says 'why did it take so long to get just 5 dna?' sigh. i told him i could get a ton of dna from any old creature, but i want to make a quality pet. (nevermind that he asked for a kimo with 'killer' stats) his reply was 'o' then i fly back to my hometown to get rebuffed, check on some harvesters, drop off some resources in my warehouse....just basic crap. and he sends me another tell..'did u make me another one yet?\" dbl sigh.

so anyways....how do i know if i am under/overpriced on my pets. how much extra should i charge for a pet with armor?
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:32 pm

Ya know I've been charging very little for pets. on average 500 credits per level and 10k for armor. Lately after seeing my own pets on other peoples vendors selling for 5-10 times more I've been in the mode of \"Screw it, Im selling for top dollar! So now after seeing that most BE's dont know sh*t on how to make a proper pet on my server I've been selling my level 65-70 pet with a max damage of 670-690 for 1.5 million each. It pays to know what you are doing.
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:02 am

Yeah I mean im pretty much I'd say in the top 3 for B.E.'s on my server, and my name has been spread around. And with my new 700 max attack Gurreck I've made I should be getting some nice offers.
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:34 pm

2 ways to advertise:

if you gonna be hanging around one planet for a while and not using a pet.... get a pet, name it something like \"BE pets... mail [name] for WP\" and just make this pet 'stay' in the busiest starport on yer planet. Bear in mind you cannot use numbers or punctuation except dashes ( - ) in pet names. works best if the pet is big and eyecatching.

get some crafty types to make up stuff from other bazaar catergories, i.e. knives and crappy cdefs, mebbe stims or whatever... and have them named as and advert for your shop, then put em on the bazaar as auctions with min bid 6k so no-one buys em (believe me it happens)... this way you get your message out to a broader audience, rather than just the ones looking for pets
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:24 am

i hate stupid people. even if theyre not stupid just act stupid. people should think more before yelling at people like that -.-
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:46 pm

How much could i get for a mountable kaadu thats around 4k HAM, CL 16, 19 kinetic and energy resist, and 120-130 dam?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “BE Discussions”