Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Graul: \"Color\" commentary

Post your color description submissions here!
Iakimo1

Graul: \"Color\" commentary

Postby Iakimo1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:21 am

One of the most-feared creatures in the galaxy, Grauls are found on the planet Dantooine. It is believed they are not native to the environment there, but were introduced into the wild when a Geonosian bioengineering program underwent a catastrophic failure.

An adult Graul stands approximately three to four times the height of a man. Their actual body length would add several meters to that observation, but they habitually hunch their posture, using their large, pickaxe-like appendages to help support their vast weight. Nevertheless, when aroused, they rear to their full height, emitting a loud roar that can literally stun an opponent with a burst of sonic energy.

Grauls have evolved a thick, leathery hide that helps protect them in their frequent battles with the other creatures of Dantooine. Their nasty, aggressive nature combines with a surprisingly protective streak that motivates them to instinctively rush to the aid of their nestmates and offspring. Although grauls are not numerous on Dantooine, it appears that certain hilly regions have become fertile breeding grounds for these alien beasts, and it is feared that if left unchecked, they will proliferate to exceedingly dangerous levels. Biologists note the rare sightings of much larger versions of grauls in the wild, and some speculate that if natural selection begins to shape the evolution of the beasts toward these giant varieties, their proliferation may well accelerate, devastating the planet's magnificent natural environment.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:50 am

I like it!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Iakimo1

A cool tidbit

Postby Iakimo1 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:00 pm

I think the bit about them being by-products of a Geonosian bioengineering experiment was taken from a mission terminal on Dantooine. I can't remember for sure, but I do remember seeing it somewhere.

Return to “Color Description Submissions”