Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

More Changes for SWG - not looking good

General site discussion area
Jaquara

More Changes for SWG - not looking good

Postby Jaquara » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:18 pm

Not sure if there's a place for CH or BE in SWG any more :(

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=TestCenter&message.id=146429
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:00 pm

A sad day indeed
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
busy

No more Creature Handler

Postby busy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:16 am

I have played SWG since July 2004. I have four accounts, play on 3 servers, and have a creature handler as my main character on each server. I have purchased every expansion. I am depressed by the announcement that they will be eliminating the creature handler profession, apparently because less than 10 percent of the players are creature handlers. Creature handler is what has kept me in the game. I hope that they will reconsider and save this profession. Without it, I probably won't play the game.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 pm

Actually, they claim that we make up 'less than 1%' of the SWG community.

I work as a letter carrier. I wonder if someday my boss will come up to me and tell me to stop delivering mail to the old folks home or to the section 8 tenaments because they represent less than 1% of the total volume of mail delivery? Yeah, that'd fly real good...
One tame at a time :)
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:46 pm

dang, i was just hopin to start up CH again :( so are mounts and everything gonna be gone?
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:57 pm

A lot of people are questioning the 1% figure. The last Astromech stats have CH above Commando and all the Jedi professions. Bio-Engineer I could understand after the CU gutted crafting, especially pet crafting.

That doesn't even account for all the abuse that has been served on us over the years and the people the people that dropped it because of this.

Yet the CH board has always been one of the top profession boards (only Jedi and BH have more, we even beat Smuggler) and very few professions could boast the number of highly dedicated players we could. The gameplay is, was, just so different that even those not currently a CH understood the draw and admired those of us that continued to be one.
Iakimo
Field Biologist
Field Biologist
Location: Somewhere north of Bree. (\"Oh... real life? Erm... Huntsville, AL... I think...\")

Re:

Postby Iakimo » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:29 pm

[quote:3e18b588a1=\"Lantyssa\"]A lot of people are questioning the 1% figure. The last Astromech stats have CH above Commando and all the Jedi professions. Bio-Engineer I could understand after the CU gutted crafting, especially pet crafting.

That doesn't even account for all the abuse that has been served on us over the years and the people the people that dropped it because of this.

Yet the CH board has always been one of the top profession boards (only Jedi and BH have more, we even beat Smuggler) and very few professions could boast the number of highly dedicated players we could. The gameplay is, was, just so different that even those not currently a CH understood the draw and admired those of us that continued to be one.[/quote:3e18b588a1]
Indeed! Very well put, Lantyssa. I was a Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler Dabbler for the better part of my first year in SWG. I unlocked my Jedi career shortly after the first \"Combat Upgrade\" hit, in late April 2005. My original plan, when I'd heard that the skillpoint prerequisites for BH had been reduced to the point that I could [i:3e18b588a1]finally[/i:3e18b588a1] master BOTH BH [i:3e18b588a1]AND[/i:3e18b588a1] CH was to build my unlocked alt up as a Master BH/Master CH. Alas, the elimination of pet special attacks dissuaded me.

With the release of the new pet-special system late this past summer, I was again scheming about creating a Creature Handler, either with my unlocked alt, or a character I'd begun developing on another server. That new character was making steady progress up the Scout trees, reaching both Hunting and Exploration-3, despite the massive time diversion my Jedi grind required.

This news -- that yet [i:3e18b588a1]another[/i:3e18b588a1] revision to the core mechanics of the combat system would take place, AND WORSE, that it would NOT include Creature Handler -- came as a complete shock to me. NEVER did I ever [i:3e18b588a1]imagine[/i:3e18b588a1] that this most-beloved profession would be simply wiped out of the game like this! The only words that can properly describe this situation are words like, \"appalling.\" And \"senseless.\" And other, less polite ones, too.
Iakimo Wioga, Jedi Padawan
Former Master Bounty Hunter/Master Creature Handler

SOE SUCKS!!!
Jaquara

Re:

Postby Jaquara » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm

[quote:5ac933b518=\"Juicer\"]dang, i was just hopin to start up CH again :( so are mounts and everything gonna be gone?[/quote:5ac933b518]

Lvl 10 and under pets/mounts should still be usable in the new system, anything over lvl 10 will be stuck in your datapad.

*sighs* :(

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”