Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

GPS

General site discussion area
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:51 pm

Yeah, all you can do is keep looking.

I have lived in the Riverlands region for over a year and I have seen about 10 spawns total, my first being around August of 2003.

A month ago one showed up next to my guild hall at the edge of town and I finally got a baby. So don't give up hope, but don't be afraid to take a break from looking either.
Seffy

Postby Seffy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:11 am

Congratz Lantyssa :mrgreen:

There is hope for us all :D
I'm against animal testing, they get all nervous and give all the wrong answers ...

SethoS Doomcrafter
Europe-Chimaera

www.doomcraft.com
Afev

Postby Afev » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:45 pm

Well, I found a spawn, but no baby. But, I did manage to write the color submission for the GPS. I hope I can contribute more in the future!
Afev Thekom (MI) Bria
Master Creature Handler
...has taken down a Gorax as part of the 6/27/04 Gorax hunt
...is known as a Master Diplomat
hossp

Postby hossp » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:08 am

in order to get one it requires killing a lot of spwans, and you may drive around all day and find none...most i have seen in a day is 3 or 4. i tried all kinds of tricks, like sampling til feath and going 256m away and coming back..could pull 16 cats out of a single spawn that way..but a ll adults. when i finally got mine after about 40-50 spawns, i found two spawns very close together..the 4th cat of the second spawn was a baby...it was 2pm cst sat afternoon..not a time i would expect to see gps's around, so even though server reset may be better...it is not necessary..good luck
Ailobo

20 million Credits or a GPS

Postby Ailobo » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:24 am

What I have learned in my short time as an MCH is that everyone has a particular pet they want for whatever reason and each have a different style to finding their elusive beasties... that being said, it is remarkable how similar the hunts truly are amongst us all. BUT sometimes the blessings are simply GIFTED PERFECT SUCCESS...

I met a guy the other day who simply FOUND his Bull Rancor Baby just out there frolicking amongst its giant protectors... he had a good story of the actual tame BUT that is just BS luck as the educated/ seasoned Master Creature Handler knows! I was so pleased just to see it reconfirmed the Bull is not extinct!

When I was a noobie novice CH I saw a GPS once... had no clue what it was... wow what a pretty cat I thought as I drove close by and then swooped off...

It was not until approximately two months later and many long hard but fun days of Grinding did I realize how much every MCH I met wanted a GPS... I, having been adoring of Crimson Razor Cats, was smitten with the GPS beast but never truly went hunting for one because I was preoccupied with other rares lower on the list.... I was going to climb the ladder one at a time, essentially, to the pinnacle pets for NATURAL tamers... unlike the toy store collectors...

Now I have not gone after the Bull Rancor except to just keep an eye out when travelling on Dath for whatever reason... honestly I have tapped a few lairs along the way and taken down some tough customers but that would not be worth the reward of the real hunt for that beastie.... but we are talking about GPS... which is arguably the PRETTIEST cat in the Galaxy along with the Greater Sludge Panther a similar yet completely different beast... the GPS IS OODLES rarer... or at least the baby is dependent on server apparently... some believe the GPS baby is the rarest because it eludes them personally...

Sincerely, the FIRST real time I went after a GPS I worked patiently with no expectations for hours and was rewarded. YES THE FIRST TIME I TRULY WENT AFTER IT! Now some may say that is just plain BS luck BUT I beg to differ... alas I realize the odds stacked in my favour on the spawn.... but I played it like the seasoned CH I had become and it was a reward that I will ALWAYS cherish... IN FACT YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW, I was offered \"MILLIONS\" of credits by a \"toy Collector for it\" even though I was broke and still remain FAR from wealthy I WOULD NEVER TAKE the money for it! That is how much it means to me even though I got it rather easily compared to most stories in waiting unfinished I read on this forum....

Nym's Stronhold is the area to start.... GET OFF YOUR BIKE AND WALK... the time does not truly matter because it is ALL going to come down to luck patience and no expectations in the end... odds are only as good as how the last spawn was left and I am convinced, what the devs are dealing us that day...lol... okay seriously, I tamed mine at 11:20pm EST.

Again GET OFF YOUR BIKE and walk... most creatures love riverbanks and NEED WATER, would it not be obvious that near a watering hole ie: riverside would be one of the best places to find a Large Predator like the GPS... at some point it has to drink OR ITS PREY has to!

There were plenty of other creature spawns around when I was blessed with the vision of my target.... I have some scouting but not a ranger... I targeted and planned a course of action being fully aware of what else was in the area, geography etc. Prepared my droid where I store my BE Taming Bonus Jacket and Hat and then being unbuffed (Master Pistol) made a mental plan of attack. I pulled out my Gurreck because I was very much fascinated to see how it would fare against such an admirable opponent and I chose a good Geo stun pistol for this combat...

Long story short after I took down the third spawn I was just shaking in hopes for a baby... there it spawned... I was so nervous about losing it I fuddled over my stupid keyboard and mishit a
TIE
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby TIE » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:30 pm

Well, that took a little bit to read lol. But very nice :)

I found my GPS (Armageddon) in under a month. I searched in the \"L\" shaped land near the middle of the map to the left of the swampy rivers. I do not remember the name of it, but I searched at the bottom of the L-shaped land. The first 4 days I found nothing, then on the 5th there was one spawn. I continued looking for the GPS spawns untill I found a baby. I found the baby a week or so later after killing many GPS. Luck for me the baby decided to go for a swim. :lol: So I didn't have to worry about the baby attacking me. Took me a few tries but I did tame him. :)

Before I had settled to search in that one area I had searched over the vast middle looking for them. Didn't find one anywhere else but on that L-shaped land. To me, I think the best place to search for them is in that L-shaped land. I found *all* of my spawns in the forest near the rivers. Even though they are plains stalkers I don't think they like to play in the sun. :)

Good luck with you searching!
Master Pikewoman, 8)
Master Creature Handler,
A little bit of Medic,
Oh and don't forget some scout!
velm

Postby velm » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:29 am

yes, it can be difficult to find them. No lairs, just a general location.

(It is also REALLY aggrivating when I go to one of the many waypoints and I see a red dot right in the middle of the shaft of light and as I get closer, it turns out to be a Giant Gubber. )
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”