Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

JTL - more subtle implications for CH

General site discussion area
Xanth

JTL - more subtle implications for CH

Postby Xanth » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:07 pm

Until JTL ships, one thing we can say is that mounts have an advantage because you can actually see the spawns appear in front of you and not behind as is the case with vehicles. I'm both happy and sad to report this seems to have been fixed in JTL. I was able to see spawns in front of my swoop going full speed. While this is certainly a nice little fix, it�s another nail in the mounts coffins.
[color=#808080:2abc8f5b72]X[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#999999:2abc8f5b72]a[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#B2B2B2:2abc8f5b72]n[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#CCCCCC:2abc8f5b72]�t[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#FFFFFF:2abc8f5b72]h[/color:2abc8f5b72] Master Creature Handler - Kauri
Formerly of Kauri Galactic CH Guild [color=red:2abc8f5b72]<Beast>[/color:2abc8f5b72]
Cyphaze

Postby Cyphaze » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:45 am

Mounts have been dead for a while. There are, and still will be, novelties and RPing tools.

Kind of like natural CH pets...
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:05 pm

Surprisingly, I get asked to supply mounts pretty regularly. I don't know if it's just the 'natural blurt' when people find out you're a CH, kinda like saying \"no bills' to the mailman, or if people really still want mounts to use. *shrug*

Now if we could mount flying critters or very very fast critters, we'd be back in business :)
One tame at a time :)
Megamachoman

Postby Megamachoman » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:05 am

I think the only way to make mounts better is to
a) add a few more mounts and maybe some more vicious ones
b)make some very fast mounts
c)make multi passenger mounts
d)make a few customisable saddles

bring back the mounts YAARGH matey!
blackfoot

Postby blackfoot » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:36 am

I get asked to train mounts on a regular basis too. I also get quite alot of tells from people asking if I have any pets to sell.

Faster mounts (however, it would be quite unrealistic if they could outrun a speeder...) and multi passenger ones would be really sweet. Just picture transporting all your friends around on the back of a fambaa :wink:
[size=10:1752ac7af1]Corona Blackfoot, Kauri MCH[/size:1752ac7af1]
Cyphaze

Postby Cyphaze » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:14 am

Yes, people still ask for mounts, but they're just for looks and RP value. They're useless for what they're supposed to be - a mode of transportation.
Eltheria

Postby Eltheria » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:47 pm

I think it would be just great if you could have more than a couple of folks on a mount ala a box type of seat thing. Picture those ceremonial elephants in India with box seats on them that held royalty. hehe you could charge for the rides. It would be fun thing to be an extra.
BrianE HeadHunter

Postby BrianE HeadHunter » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:01 am

Aaaalll Aboooard! The Fambaa Express will be departing in 2min.

That would look very sweet with 4 people on the back of a Fambaa.

But that wont happen, because the owners of the shuttleports are trying to keep us CH's down. They dont want the compitition. Sure they would be a little slower, but no pollution. And I think people would open their eyes to that. :wink:
\"Do or do not there is no try!\".....Unless your a Bio-Engineer
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:56 pm

And pet mounts are so much cheaper to maintain. Dunno about you, but my swoop goes to the garage way too often for repairs :)
One tame at a time :)
ZANDRAMADAS

Postby ZANDRAMADAS » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:17 am

Repairs are the MAIN reason i hardly ever take my speeder or bike out anymore, wasted alot of money repairing them, for what? to get some where quicker? missions aren't that far away! and i like actually seeing the landscape, and searching for babies where ever i go...i prefer mounts, and i still get asked to find them for tons of people, i can't wait until i can actually TRAIN them to be mounts.
ZANDRAMADAS
Master Scout/Creature Handler/Rifleman/Ranger
Corbantis server
Rare Tames =Jundland Eopie

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”