Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Mantigrue Screecher baby sighting

General site discussion area
Nytar

Mantigrue Screecher baby sighting

Postby Nytar » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:45 am

I know they are not extremely rare like Bull Rancors or GPS, but I had never seen a baby until yesterday.

We did about 10 Mantigrue Screecher lair missions for Endorian wooly hides and we encountered one baby. Unfortunately, our pets seemed to kill the spawn, but it was great to see one for the first time. Like a lot of veteran Screecher owners have already said, taking missions seems to be the best way to find a baby.

I think I will do the following to make sure I don't kill the baby.

1. Take out the first 2 spawns first.

2. Tap the lair with lunge special from around 15-20m away from the lair.

3. a. As soon as the first adult spawns, /tellpet to attack and go to 4.
b. If baby spawns, make sure my mask scent is on and proceed to tame. (so that I don't aggro the next adult spawn)

4. As soon as I see my pet landed one hit (by checking the HAM of screecher), /tellpet to follow. (I will prolly use cats because they are so fast)

5. Run far from the lair (around 60m-80m?) dragging your pet AND a screecher.

6. Proceed to take the adult out. (the next one spawns at the lair during this time, if I did 4 and 5 fast enough).

7. a. If the spawn is an adult, I can simply kill it by the lair as mission lairs only spawn two at a time.
b. If the spawn is a baby, make sure my mask scent is on and try taming.

8. Tap the lair again. This time only until the health of the lair is just \"slightly\" above the half.

9. Go back to 3.

I tried the above procedure a couple of times yesterday. Unfortunately, it was after we killed the baby (did not think baby would spawn...). But I am going back out there again real soon :)
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Did you notice that after a while, we stopped using pets altogether, since we were having no problem killing them on our own. When I solo, I use pet to hopefully get the screecher to do his AoE while I'm out of range. Like you said though, the last thing in the world I expected to see was a baby. And it was like our second mission. Ah well, you said it best last night... at least we know for sure that they are still spawning babies, so there is hope... :)
One tame at a time :)
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:10 am

Maybe its just me, but I seem to see more babies than before. I started to see more \"Bull Rancor Tamed!\" thread over on SWG forums. I think it was after one of those publishes.

Kriegan'shka

Postby Kriegan'shka » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:34 pm

Hi Nytar. I use a similar tactic as you but with a small difference. I have no pistol skill but I use a dl44 pistol do my lair tickilng from 50 meters out.

With mask scent on I almost never get aggroed. I go in for the second tickle and use unarmed to take the lair down to half as you do. But from experience I usually stop at the exact right moment to keep from being aggroed. Yesterday I was able to tame 3 graul mauler babies from two mission lairs on Dantooine. After training them it was cool running around the mining outpost with all three of them in tow....:)
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:11 pm

OK I tamed it at last. I took 4 missions out of Research OP using my main and alt characters.

The first and second went down pretty quickly despite the fact that I had to watch out for my alt char not to get aggroed by some random creature while my main was at the mission lair.

The third, however was pretty close to a nasty marauder spawn (those tall ugly face thugs). I took him out first so that my alt is safe with his maskscent on. I proceeded to take the first 2 spawns out by the lair. I took them out pretty easily with my pet and TKM skill. Then tapped the lair. As I wrote up in the first post, as soon as the first spawn appeared, I aggroed it with my pet and then pulled him immediately. Ran to a area far enough from the lair and then started pounding on it with my pet.

While I was beating the crap out of it, I saw an yellow dot with green circle around it by the lair and realized that baby spawned. I finished the current adult and proceeded to check out if it really was a baby. YES!

This is a perfect situation since the first adult was already taken care of and only a baby is around. Should be easy enough... I was wrong... I wore a new hat and started taming the baby. I failed a couple of times. Hmmm. Im a MCH with a +25 taming hat. Oh well I will just keep trying because there's only a baby around the nest. No worries...

And I realized there was something going on my other monitor. Whoa! That ugly marauder spawned again and started pounding on my alt! Its a good thing that I left him on a speeder. All I had to do was to let it autorun. But I kept my eye on my baby on my main screen.

After my alt was in a relatively safe area, I went back to taming again. Somehow this baby is very very stubborn. I must have tried more than 10 times now. He has already aggroed me a couple of times and I was beginning to feel pretty nervous.

Bad thing was that I forgot to peace before taming after that marauder incident and i have punched him in the face once when taming failed. Luckily he only sustained a minimal damage, but still it was enough to turn the yellow dot to a permanent red dot on my rador. I bet I was on top of his to \"do\" list.

When I aggroed him one more time, I ran far enough to lose his aggro, then came back and found the lair reset to full health with new 2 adult spawns... Hmmm. This is not too good. If I aggro the baby one more time too close to the lair, that could aggro adults as well...

After a couple more tries however, I finally tamed him. Oh I love that green letters above the baby. I can tell you it was pretty intense.

After that, I realized that the hat I was wearing was +25 injury healing.... Duh...

Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:31 pm

LOL, so you could heal him if you accidently attacked him, eh? Great story, hehe!
One tame at a time :)
Kriegan'shka

Postby Kriegan'shka » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:57 pm

Yes ! Excellent story. I loved the ending.... :)

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”