Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

New Path for Creature Handlers- Dark And Light

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:00 am

I plan on trying DnL and if I do keep playing it, I will definetly join BEAST.
SHAZAM!
Motherslip

Postby Motherslip » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:12 am

[b:463c62d179][color=yellow:463c62d179]Hi Milteck!
YAY!!!!
You DID IT!!!!
We got a guild page!!!!

I can't say enough good things about D&L y'all!

My husband and i decided to make the migration over there after CH got killed. I just couldn't cope with my pets' deaths, so I decided to follow them. None of my CH toons has logged in since the NGE, even though I had stupidly renewed my ANNUAL subscriptions just before it was announced. /sigh

My toons will sit there and rot for the next year, as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, on to happier thoughts. Whilst we were bemoaning what was about to happen, grambacca on the forums suggested looking into D&L, so we did--and we were enchanted.

As a result, we have become very involved over there, and we are really excited about beginning to play Settlers of Ganareth tomorrow! And now Milteck has officially begun BEAST there--it is gonna be great.

If you are considering going to another game, I would encourage you to look and D&L. The world is incredible, the game looks really fun, and the bestiary is awesome.[/color:463c62d179][/b:463c62d179]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Zhaal

Postby Zhaal » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:06 am

I've just been accepted as a Settler of Ganareth, just hope the Ranger class is available in SoG.

Elder Creature Handler.
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:37 am

[quote:89b9696d59=\"Zhaal\"]I've just been accepted as a Settler of Ganareth, just hope the Ranger class is available in SoG.

Elder Creature Handler.[/quote:89b9696d59][b:89b9696d59][color=yellow:89b9696d59]Izzat you, Zaal? WOOT!!!
Ranger is available! That is what Sprites and I are going to be--see you there![/color:89b9696d59][/b:89b9696d59]

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Soulsyphon

Postby Soulsyphon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:11 am

ell this is me Soulsyphon from the grave..yes it is true i left SWG due to the death of CH ... if you want to see my grave stone(if Devs didn't remove it yet) ask milteck he got a wp for its location on tantooine.. but if you want to wander around for it it is not too far out from mos eslily.

Anyways i'm now playing world of warcraft aka WoW . I am thinking of starting a hunter guild (one of 2 professions that gets pets, and the only one that gets to tame them) I was not immpressed with it at first off because the characters were not as detailed as those in SWG, then i relized why.. it is to help with fighting lag, the game world its self is very detailed , the characters them self are a little cartoonish sure but the game world more then makes up for that. I still get the thrill of the tame in WoWas i did in SWG, there is rare spawns in Wow as there is in SWG. a hunter in Wow has about 500+ choices in tames. you only get 3 slots for pets though, but they do have the ability to train tamed pets new skills like with pets system changes. I'm not sure if anyone is gonna read this or not , but my email address is under construction lol but in Wow I have several alts now you can have 10 per server and 50 per account. my main on Wow is soulsiphon.
If you want to contact me, contact me through my game email if your on radiant server
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Repost from another thread...

I left SWG for World of Warcraft and have never looked back (except for missing the BEAST members, especially Milteck)

While the Hunter class in WOW is not akin to CH, it is a pet based class that utilizes the talents of the pet to enhance the player and the pet becomes an \"weapon\" or extension of their attack abilities. If anyone decides to try WOW, I can be reached on the Doomhammer server Horde side name is Udderchaos, Alliance side is Xanthbeast
[color=#808080:2abc8f5b72]X[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#999999:2abc8f5b72]a[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#B2B2B2:2abc8f5b72]n[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#CCCCCC:2abc8f5b72]�t[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#FFFFFF:2abc8f5b72]h[/color:2abc8f5b72] Master Creature Handler - Kauri
Formerly of Kauri Galactic CH Guild [color=red:2abc8f5b72]<Beast>[/color:2abc8f5b72]
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Currently I've been playing in the Settlers of Ganareth prequel to DnL. Needless to say it's been pretty bland as far as content goes. But on a bright side, I don't give up easy and am patiently waiting for the implementation of the crafting. I know this is a creature site, but I first came here for the DNA info.

Getting back to SoG/DnL....currently anyone can tame a creature as long as you put your xp points into it. Doesn't make it as rewarding as searching all over Dathomir for a Mutant Rancor to sneak up on and jab with a needle....but what is. Anyhow, the game is going through this awful beta right now and getting a lot of flak from impatient players and forum spammers. But it might be ok.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:30 pm

[quote:38328ec3b0=\"Ralok\"]i hate to say it but i tried world of warcraft and i didnt like it not one bit it was absolutly horrible in comparison to what star wars galaxies was in its prime swg WAS a game you couldnt get burned out on IT WAS a game were any species could be any proffesion they wanted to be. WOW is boring WOW has a not so good taming system WOW is not very fun and basically the same as guild wars except you can jump and there is a slightly larger land area and guild wars is free

i am sorry to all the wow fans out there but it is not that great of a game stop playing it just because it is popular that is the only reason why it is popular is because you keep playing it because you think it is popular stop trying to make youself look goo by playing a game that has 0 custamization options

coh is good but it take so long to be able to do anything you cant have your own house but it is fun if you are in a heavly active super group

and guild wars is free that should be enough to make any money hungry person play it you do have to pay for the disk

cov is great wonderful but every one who plays is a jerk but what idid i expect it is city of VILLIANS

so go find som kryptonite to killl super man with is cov
choke on some orc meat in wow
save the world in coh
or wander around aimlessly in the barely an mmo world of GW

but always remember the good times you had in swg and maybe if you pass high school and go to college you can get a job there as a develeoper and yell at everyone for being stupid[/quote:38328ec3b0]

Well said, in addition to the CoH comment, it get's real boring, real fast. It would be agreat game that you play for a week, stop then play for a bit again a year down the road, but then your charachter will get destroyed and you gotta start again.
SHAZAM!
Husarz

Postby Husarz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:48 am

Hello.. long time no been here.. anyway, any of ya still waiting for DnL? I have pre-ordered it (beta is really poor but game going to be better). Im really waiting for it to come live and all of ya that liked CH in SWg (i mean ALL of ya) should check ranger profession!
/peace
Motherslip

Re:

Postby Motherslip » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:50 am

[quote="Husarz"]Hello.. long time no been here.. anyway, any of ya still waiting for DnL? I have pre-ordered it (beta is really poor but game going to be better). Im really waiting for it to come live and all of ya that liked CH in SWg (i mean ALL of ya) should check ranger profession!
/peace[/quote][color=yellow:300242535f]

Hi---I have been pretty disappointed in SoG, but I am hanging in there for DnL. Hopefully the real thing will be much better than the prequel. I have had so much trouble even getting ANYWHERE in SoG that I have hardly been on at all.

Has BEAST made any inroads at all?[/color:300242535f]

Return to “News”