Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

New Path for Creature Handlers- Dark And Light

Relevant news about Creature Handlers and SWGCreatures
busy

Postby busy » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:38 pm

I could kiss you for looking. I've been so dispondent over the loss of CH. I have 4 accounts in SWG playing on 3 servers with a CH in each one. I have NOT even logged on my CH's as I can't bare to respec them into anything else. Additionally, I have issues with my hand & wrist and am unable to handle the contant key action required in the NGE. I'd love to be able to move to a new game and tame creatures again. Hugs to you for this post. :)
Dorelli

Postby Dorelli » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:09 am

I might check out dark and light. That sounds rather good actually.

I'm currently playing WoW and really enjoying being a hunter. I get a pet which I can train with abilities as I learn them - as long as he has enough training points. I can learn abilities from other animals as well if I work with them.

Hmmm... does this sound familiar?

The advantage I see over going to WoW is that it is unlikely that my mere presence on WoW will cause it to shut down and stop being as we know it.

OK OK I know it is cartoony and there are swords and stuff but ... i never minded fantasy and it just seems well thought out is all. Not thrown together to suit 50 different user groups needs.

Dorelli

---> 2002-2004 killed Earth and Beyond by loving it too much
---> 2004-2005 killed SWG by loving BE too much
---> late 2005 .... WoW? let's see ...
Walker

Postby Walker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:53 pm

FYI: You don't have to be a Ranger to be able to tame. It's split into fighting classes/skills and social classes/skills. Where the fighting classes are your mage, fighter, and thief, the social classes/skills are your politician, tamer (domestication), and some others. So no matter what type of fighting class you pick, you still have the option of being able to tame creatures. Hope this makes sense.

And as a side note, I haven't played SWG in a long time but my condolences to you all for the recent events of SWG regarding BE and CH. What a crap turn of events.
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:31 pm

I've been lookign into the game now too and it seems awsome! The terain! The critters! I admit the genra is a bit boring, generic medival, but still, YOU CAN FLY DRAGONS!! w00t! and such a large number of SWG refugees are going to it that they gave us our own forum section! The one thing I'm wondering about is what's this game rated? I've seen some, shall we say, questionable screenshots.
SHAZAM!
Walker

Re:

Postby Walker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:42 pm

[quote:7a5e9da598=\"martyk\"]I've been lookign into the game now too and it seems awsome! The terain! The critters! I admit the genra is a bit boring, generic medival, but still, YOU CAN FLY DRAGONS!! w00t! and such a large number of SWG refugees are going to it that they gave us our own forum section! The one thing I'm wondering about is what's this game rated? I've seen some, shall we say, questionable screenshots.[/quote:7a5e9da598]

I think the game is being aimed at mature audiences (based on what I've seen from some of the screenies). Not that there will be nudity or anything sexual. I still think there will be a ton of younger kids playing (exiles from WoW and SWG). It's being developed by a French company so I don't know if that will have an impact on the rating either.
Walker

Postby Walker » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:36 pm

[u:acb18ba9c2][b:acb18ba9c2]New DnL / SoG Update[/b:acb18ba9c2][/u:acb18ba9c2]
Dark and Light pre-order info and Settlers of Ganareth release date:

[url=http://darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30149]Official Thread[/url]

[url=http://www.darkandlight.net/pioneer/indexEN.html]Direct Link[/url]
Walker

Re:

Postby Walker » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:16 pm

[quote:cef1e22538=\"Ralok\"]i am trying to find info on this game and i am really getting confused what is the release date[/quote:cef1e22538]
Settlers of Ganareth (Prelude / Open-Beta) = Dec. 8th 2005
Dark and Light = April 2006
Walker

Another SoG / DnL Update:

Postby Walker » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:59 am

[b:2af2da9990]Another SoG / DnL Update:[/b:2af2da9990]

[url=http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31285]Click Here for the Goods[/url]

Looks like they are going to put a max player cap at SoG release. Although I'm not really suprised. They will probably up the max later on through the life of SoG to stress-test though.
Walker

Postby Walker » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:37 am

[b:537805a2d9]Latest SoG Developer Chat[/b:537805a2d9]
======================
[url=http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31981]Click Here for the Goods[/url]
Morpheos

Postby Morpheos » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:27 am

Hello all, sorry it has taken me this long to finally post here, but i made it. Anyway i will be playing DnL as well and will be looking to be apart of BEAST.

Any post listed i can go to to notch my name down milteck??

Hope to see you all there and i also got my pioneer package as well. I think anyway?

Return to “News”