Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Which way up?

Frequent novic CH discussions
Sasee

Which way up?

Postby Sasee » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:03 am

First of all - great website!

I play in a small group with a friend who is a master marksman, I am heading towards master fencer and I have master medic. When we group it is usually with a couple of droids out as well as one of my pets, so we are fairly well protected. We walk and kill a fair bit in the game.

Given that, I have a couple of questions which will really help me:

I am currently level 2122 on Novice CH.

I have enough xp to go 2222. Should I do this or hang on for a different box?

Which way would you guys recommend going up to Master?

I am having real problems finding the 'best' pet to transfer to my friend who is non Ch. Given that we do a fair amount of combat is any sub level 10 creature going to be of use to him alone or to us in a group? If so what would you recommend?

I am really enjoying the CH profession. It gives me a reason to go offworld on my own and explore and it's great finding new babies!

Thanks in advance.

Sasee
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:02 pm

Hi Sasee... welcome :)

The route you train up first pretty much depends on the style of play that suits you best. As a master fencer, I'd assume you're pretty good at melee battle. Are your pets mainly for tanking, damage dealing, support, or impressing your friends :)

My style of play leads me to be the main damage dealer so my pet is mostly there to take some heat off me and more importantly, keep 'states' on our foe with its special attacks (intimidate mostly). As a result, I found that having a large number of pets in my datapad to cycle through was much more important than the other branch benefits. After I topped my storage, I went for taming vicious, then commands, and finally management, since I prefer a one-pet system and rarely use multi-call.

As far as what to give your non-CH friend, I would suggest a lesser dewback. They are tough little buggers and can be trained as a mount. But unfortunately, a lesser dewback will spend most of the battles incapped once you fight stuff tougher than dwarf nunas :) Non-CH pets are more for fun than practicality.

There is the option to find a level 10 BE'd beast that could actually be utile to the group. My experience using a BE pet with my non-CH alt has been less than stellar, as noted in a nearby post though, so you probably want another opinion on that issue. By the way, what server are you on?

Enjoy yourself. Creature handler is so much fun :)
One tame at a time :)
Sasee

Postby Sasee » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:35 pm

Thanks for the advice Zurlaboo. I can see the benefit of being able to store more pets having spent the day hunting and having to destroy regularly!

I am only 2k xp from being able to go level 3 on 1,3,4 so I may do vicious creatures this once as I enjoy travelling a lot. Then I'll follow your suggestions, thanks.

I'm on Corbantis.

Thanks again.

Sasee
Shadowchylde

Postby Shadowchylde » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:29 pm

since you are melee and your buddy is ranged, get him a BE Cu Pa. They will both hang back and do ranged while you and your pets are in close. Cu Pa can also be trained as mounts as well.

I'm on Lowca or I'd make one for ya :D
No I can't go on a raid with you, I've got stuff to make!

Return to “CH Newbie Help Zone”