Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Template Slots

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession

Template Slots

Postby » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 pm

Anyone know how each slot affects the outcome of the DNA template?

Postby » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:23 pm

On the main page of this site there's a link to another BE site that has an extensive breakdown of what slot affects what in the outcome. Check it out it's very helpful.

Yvesof Tabec
ShanDizzy

Postby ShanDizzy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:01 pm

What site is that?

http://bioengineer.talthazar.com/ has great clone pictures, but nothing about what the different slots do. As far as I know, there is almost no information on this. There is not even a lot of speculation on it.

I love the new clone system, but trying to get certain specials with certain resists within a certain CL is very frustrating.
Ni!

-ShanDizzy
Nitsch

Postby Nitsch » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:59 pm

Try this part of his site: http://bioengineer.talthazar.com/slot_experiment.htm

It takes a bit of reading through to get the gest.

EDIT: You need to toggle down the Physique, Prowess, Mental, Psycological, and Aggression buttons to see what effects what.
Kung Fu Animal Proctologist
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:06 pm

Yeah, it's on that page. under clone testing -> slot experimentation -> and then choose whatever slot to see how it weighs out on the final outcome. Looks like all the testing was done in Test Center though and may be a little dated. On the swgcraft.com forums under the Bio-Engineer forum I read something about the resists being weighted as 40% from Physique, 25% from Prowess, 5% from Mental, 5% from Psychological, and 25% from Aggression. It'd be a good idea to scrounge around on that BE forum on swgcraft.com for more information on it.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
bigjeff

Postby bigjeff » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:30 am

Talthazar's page is great, cept it hasn't been updated with any new information since the BE patch was still in test.

Here are some things you won't find on his page that are quite helpefull:

Physique determines armor, specifically fortitude. In order for a creature to have armor it must have 500 fortitude or better. You can see this yourself, look at any high HAM/resist creature that has no armor and the highest fortitude you will find is 400 or so. Look at ANY creature that has armor and your dna sample will have 500 fortitude or very close to it.

So when you are trying to get that armor to stick, experiment physique in until you get the fortitude up, if your DNA was good enough and you have enough points it shouldn't be too hard to get.

A side note on that, it does seem to help if your other slots use DNA with light armor as well. The stats seem to \"bleed over\", so putting a really nice 600 fortitude DNA sample in physique and a crappy 100 fortitude DNA sample in prowess could bring your fortitude down to 300, making it very hard to get your light armor in. Quick not, since I can't remember if this is in Talthazar's stuff or not, but phsyique is most important for resists, then prowess is important but not as much so, and mental may or may not have some small affect on the resists.

Another thing for the physique slot. Special attack #1 is determined by physique. So, whatever your special attack #1 is for your physique sample is probably what you will get. Again, bleed over affects here as well. If you have one sample with that nice knockdown for special one in physique, but every other sample has a dizzy for special #1, you might not get your knockdown. They may cancel, giving nothing, or you may get dizzy.

Agression determines special #2 along with damage. Very little \"bleed\" happens here, but a little does, and you can sometimes be thrown a curve. But 9 times out of 10 the special #2 you put in Agression is the special #2 you will get.

Lastly, you want to know how to get that ranged attack? Its in the Mental profile. This is another 9 times out of 10, if you put a sample with a ranged attack in Mental, you will probably get a ranged attack on your final creature.

P.S.: you didn't hear it from me, but the psych profile just might affect CL.

Ahem, move along, nothing to see here...
bigjeff

Postby bigjeff » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:36 am

Just read the post above mine, hehe.

As far as the weights go, I think it is more likely 65/35 physique/prowess. It *might* possibly be 60/30/5/0/5 phsyique/prowess/mental/psych/attack.

But I know for sure that psych has nothing to do with it, and I am pretty sure attack has very little if anything to do with it.

*shrugs* but I haven't actually sat down and done a comprehensive study, just my experience as a master BE. :)
Greegori

Postby Greegori » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:52 am

[quote:d462547323=\"bigjeff\"]

Lastly, you want to know how to get that ranged attack? Its in the Mental profile. This is another 9 times out of 10, if you put a sample with a ranged attack in Mental, you will probably get a ranged attack on your final creature.

...[/quote:d462547323]

Outstanding help thank u much just one small addition

I read and tried time and again so I will add it here the sample MUST be at least high and really should be very high to get ranged as bigjeff states. This works 90% of the time with my builds

Weights

Postby » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:40 am

This is some information I found on another site:

Ph Pr M Ps A
Physical 40.0 25.0 5.0 5.0 25.0
Prowess 25.0 42.0 17.0 8.5 7.5
Mind 9.0 12.0 43.5 27.0 8.5
Psych 9.0 5.0 26.0 43.0 17.0
Aggress 17.0 16.0 8.5 16.5 42.0

I have done a little research of my own and have found that these formulas are consistent for the DNA Template assembly.

Return to “BE Discussions”