Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Tissues and Food Additives Pricing

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Yvesof

Tissues and Food Additives Pricing

Postby Yvesof » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:03 pm

Ok, I'm not a master BE yet (2-2-4-4) but I can make quality items. I'm not sure of the pricing for additives though. For tissues, I usually price 150 credits per +1 bonus, i.e., +7/+7 Mask Scent/Camo would sell for 2100 credits. Does anyone have any pricing scheme that works well for additives? Preferrably on the Valcyn server, but I'll take any kind of info at this point.

Thanks
Last edited by Yvesof on Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:03 am

OK, what I've worked out for additives that works well so far is this:

a crate of light additives goes for 15k
medium additives go for 30k per crate
and I'm going to price the heavy additives at 45k a crate

This works well for me so far and they do sell rather well.

I'm still not sure about the tissue pricing though. I've brought it down to where a +16/+16 Tissue will go for 3200 credits(100 credits per total benefits). I'm not sure if this is undercutting but my tissues hardly sell at all. Is that just the nature of tissues? Also, how would you price one of the defense ones that has a bonus of something like +4 melee/+12 ranged? I would sell that for 1600 credits with my pricing scheme, but I'm not sure about it.
Yvesof Tabec

Valcyn Server
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:19 am

In the Coronet banking area yesterday I noticed a bioengineer selling food additives for 25k/40k/50k for a crate of 25 light/medium/heavy. So it seems that pricing or my 15/30/45 are close.

Still trying to get some feedback on the tissue pricing though.
Yvesof Tabec

Valcyn Server
Koireu

Postby Koireu » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 pm

I've never used a factory, but assume that you do not get xp for generating items with one. Do you get xp for a tailor USING items you create in a factory?
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:24 am

[quote:165322bab6=\"Koireu\"]I've never used a factory, but assume that you do not get xp for generating items with one. Do you get xp for a tailor USING items you create in a factory?[/quote:165322bab6]

I don't think so. You would have to make the tissues by hand to get xp from a tailor using it.
Yvesof Tabec

Valcyn Server
Raoaocat

Postby Raoaocat » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:43 am

Indeed - I've created items using a factory which have been purchased but I never noticed any XP from them. You definatly don't get any for the crafting :lol:

Return to “BE Discussions”