Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Plague Strike

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession

Plague Strike

Postby » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:50 am

I have been sampling a lot of Mantigrue Screechers on Endor recently. Their Specials are 1: Unknown Special and 2: Plague STrike. when i get my DNA samples, it always has 1 as '---' but still lists 2 as plague strike. however, no template i have made comes out with this special, even when it is the only DNA i use to make the template it comes out without any specials. i can understand the unknown special coming up blank, but the plague stirke is something i would really like in my pets. the only thing i could figure is that it is too powerful, and it's inclusion would possibly push a BE creature over the max CL of a master CH, adn thus they don't allow it.
Anyone have a definative answer?
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:33 am

I've heard that since it's an Area of Effect attack (meaning it hit's multiple targets in a cone instead of just one target) it won't pass on to the DNA template. My guess is because it's too powerful because there are other ones similar to this that won't such as the Poison Spray and the Force Strike. There's a sticky post in one of these forums with a list of all the special attacks.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:08 am

Yvesof is correct. Area effect specials will not transfer to BE pets.
Koireu

Postby Koireu » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30 pm

[quote:866c44ccf2=\"Lantyssa\"]Yvesof is correct. Area effect specials will not transfer to BE pets.[/quote:866c44ccf2]

Booo... hissss... I want a refund :P
<just kidding by the way>
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:03 am

HAHA believe me, I feel the same way. :D but then again, if our animals could have poison spray, plague strike, and force strike why would any Creature Handlers ever get there own animals from the wild?

mmm, but could you imagine a beast with 10k HAM and 400 damage, 60% kinetic resists and Poison Spray/Plague Strike? :P
Yvesof Tabec

Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH

Resident of Minerva, Naboo

Valcyn Server
mormigan

Postby mormigan » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:26 am

i think raising certyain stats above attributes above 500, and using a creature template that has an area attack can preserve the area attack, but i'm not sure.

Return to “BE Discussions”