Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Happy Mutant Rancors

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession

°cs!  °

Did the happy macro work for you?
100%
Did the happy macro work for you?
No votes

Total votes: 1
Core

Happy Mutant Rancors

Postby Core » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:59 pm

ok kids..

I've been trying this out and I see it really helping. I'd like to see if anyone is having luck with this or if its just coincidence.

As I'm approaching critters like Mutant Rancors, I have a macro set up.

/sample;
/pause 2;
/hug;
/pause 2;
/cheer;
/pause 2;
/encourage;
/pause 2;
/cheer;
/pause;
/pet;

You'll notice when you target any animal and do an emote like /pet the critter will make happy noises and maybe a lil dance or whatever. Well when they're in this state you can usually pull off a sample without them argoing on you.

This macro works at a distance as well. I dont know how far the emote goes but I've had it work at 60+m away. One thing to becareful about, if the mean critter is surrounded by others the emote only works on the one you targetted. So if you're samplin' Mutant Rancors and you come to pack of em, set your macro on the one you want sampled. Then macro all the others around him until you're close enough to get the sample.

*Disclaimer: While I find this as an effective technique, I also have mask/camo plus 90 taming vicious 60 taming wild. But if you've been having problems sampling try this macro and see if its beneficial. I still get eaten.

Please respond with comments on your results.
Coredeep<DX> MBE, CH, Pistoleer
Chilastra, Coronet, Tantive
Koireu

Postby Koireu » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:11 am

It would be AWESOME if dev's added this to the code. It would be SUCH a ROLEPLAYING COUP... I will be sure to check it out.

need to try it on TAMING also...
Ysharros

Postby Ysharros » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:56 pm

That would be very amusing indeed. I'm off to try it on huurton pups (who have been aggroing me *way* too quickly lately) - maybe happy huggy pups will give up more than 2 samples before getting all eggy. :D
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:41 pm

I have been running a similar macro for my pets that are not fully grown. And it seems to boost the growth of the pets. I will have to do more testing, but so far it seems to grow a lot faster.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]

Return to “BE Discussions”