Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

good pets (my recipe)

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
danielwow12

good pets (my recipe)

Postby danielwow12 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:44 pm

Hey, i just made two new (imo great!) BE pets:

1) Vesp (level 17, considered Vicious)
6.5k Health
6.3k Action
5.7k Mind
240-250 Damage

and

2) Blurrg (level 15! non-vicious)
7.7k Health
7.2k Action
6.8k Mind
250-260 Damage

YAY! my two best made pets so far. They aren't much for resistance, but all i want is some tanks :P I used a combo of Voritor Lizard/Dasher + Sharnaff DNA for the Vesp, and Voritor Dasher + Spineflap Guard DNA for the Blurrg.

Thanks!
brandyaddict

Postby brandyaddict » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:06 am

ummm i hate to break the news to you bud, but the main attribute of a tank IS resists. lol. those are great pets tho.
danielwow12

bah

Postby danielwow12 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:17 am

hehehehe, yeah i know, just made some new ones though....saving the good DNA for Master BE :P
Dracan Tsepesh

define tank!

Postby Dracan Tsepesh » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:56 am

accually both of you are right \"in my opinion\"
in most games a tank is determined by the health of the person, animal etc. high health always implemented a tank status.

i made a dewback chlvl13 with 4900hams, and 14%resists, and two tortons beat on it for a while, was able to kill both tortons, while the dewback's health after the battle was down half.

in my opinion this to me was a good example of tanking!
but im sure resists do play important roles aswell.
mormigan

Postby mormigan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:14 pm

the key dna sample so far for me has been merek harvesters!!
they have a 75% kinetic resist, plus over 500 fortitude (light armor).

after working on 3rd, and 4th gen pets, and getting some very fortunate faliures (hardiness went down fortitude went up), i can make awsome pets in the level range of 24 - 28 with light armor, around 8K ham over all, and a max % kinetic special resist.

(the perfect tanks)
if i can make 2 lvl 24 and one lvl 23, that's 24K of ham with max kinetic, and armor. that's not too shabby.

the question is anyone know if i would be better off trying to make one lvl 70 bahemoth instead?
Dracan Tsepesh

good recipes

Postby Dracan Tsepesh » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:58 pm

ya i found thge merek harvestor dna to be really good too.

i combine 3merek harvestors, and 2 fambaa dna, to get
around 8kish hams, good kenitic resists, and 290damage, always comes
out lvl26-27ish for lvl.

only issue i have is the merek harvestors move around too much lol
end up following them very slowly far far away from my speeder, just to have it dart off really sudden and cause a failure, most likely a failure+agro! lol
brandyaddict

Postby brandyaddict » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:06 am

ya imo, kinetic resists beat out ham any day. the reason is if they take less damage in the first place, you have to heal them less, saving money. you could make them with alot of ham, but they will take alot of damage, so you will need to heal them alot.
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:07 pm

[quote:d02b78cfd5=\"brandyaddict\"]ya imo, kinetic resists beat out ham any day. the reason is if they take less damage in the first place, you have to heal them less, saving money. you could make them with alot of ham, but they will take alot of damage, so you will need to heal them alot.[/quote:d02b78cfd5]

That's part of the reason why I try to keep all the HAM values equal as well instead of maxing out the physique (health) and having the mind terribly low. If you're healing with a pet stim that heals all 3 pools (like they all do) then you're losing out if you have the action and mind pool healed but still need to heal the health with another 2 shots or so.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server

Return to “BE Discussions”