Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Newbie BE Questions

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Phiane

Newbie BE Questions

Postby Phiane » Thu May 13, 2004 10:08 am

I've just started BE (only a novice) and all the DNA samples I get are low quality so when I saw some High quality ones for sale on the bazzar I couldnt' resist.

The samples are: A Gorg Glutton (Above Average), A Merek Carvern Creeper (Very High), A Delerious Merek Avenger (High), A Merek Carvern Creeper (Above Average) and A Merek Carven Creeper (Very High).

Now seeing as they're all different can I still make a DNA template with them? I don't want to try and end up loosing them all.

Also does it matter what creature I make using the template from them (If I can make one)?
For instance would it be a better pet if I were to make a Merek from the template or would it not matter if I were to make a Razor Cat or a Rancor from it?

Also is there anyway to calculate what stats will be the end result or the level? I can post each samples stats if you want.

Help appreciated.
\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.\" Dr. Seuss
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu May 13, 2004 10:34 am

Some of the best pets are made with different levels of DNA so it wouldn't hurt at all to make a pet with those samples. It looks like you'll probably want to put the Gorg Glutton sample in the psychology field if you want to maximize the rest of the stats/power on this beast though.

Since you've just started BE, now's the time to start playing around with what samples do what in what spots so just have at it and have fun. Don't be too obsessed with the final product as of yet, just make an attainable goal for each pet you make to see if you can consistently get it done. For me that goal is near equal HAM's (so pet stims don't go half wasted healing the health while the mind's been healed 3 shots ago) and 2 specials for each animal. You may have something different in mind for your pets and that's what makes BE fun.

Good luck with your experiments.

p.s.
it doesn't matter what skin you use to make the animal until you get near Master BE, then you get the skins that have minimum CL's of 25+.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Phiane

Postby Phiane » Thu May 13, 2004 11:21 am

Oh no, I wasn't going to make a pet myself I was going to give them to a master BE and have them make a pet for me as I'm only a few slots away from master CH and I was wondering what would be the best pet to have them make with the template that is created from it and if it would be any good.
\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.\" Dr. Seuss
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu May 13, 2004 2:02 pm

Oh, well in that case let me examine the data here.

Merek Cavern Creepers have 40% Kinetic resist, Vulnerable to Cold, CL 40 (or was it 45?), Blinding Strike & Intimidation Strike

Delerious Merek Avengers have 45% Kinetic resists, Vulnerable to energy & stun, unknown attack & Stunning Strike

Gorg Gluttons have 0% to all resists, vulnerable to stun, no specials

If I were to make this creature, it would probably come out roughly in this range: I'm not guessing on the HAM's, but they'd probably be close to 10k, maybe 9k, about 30-35% Kinetic resist, either vulnerable or really low resist to energy/cold, about 20% resists to heat/acid/electricity/blast/restraint, vulnerable to stun, around 300 damage, and probably Blinding Strike/Stunning Strike (or more likely Blinding Strike/Intimidation). I wouldn't put it on a rancor in case it falls below the CL 35 minimum that that skin comes with (it might weigh in @ CL 31 or so) but you wouldn't really lose out if you did.

Hope that helps. 8)
Yvesof Tabec

Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH

Resident of Minerva, Naboo

Valcyn Server
Phiane

Postby Phiane » Thu May 13, 2004 2:41 pm

I posted all the stats for the DNA samples of the Mereks in the creature list.

What would be the best creature to get DNA from if I wanted something with high kenetic resistance and high HAM with a fir amount of damage?
I'm looking for something that can give me and a group of Rancor hunters a hand when I go to Dath, cos at the moment the best creature I've got is a level 27 Razor cat with 10k H and 8K AM with 32 (I think) kenetic resistance and does 390-400 damage.

Return to “BE Discussions”