Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Trouble Approching Aggressive Creatures

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Phiane

Trouble Approching Aggressive Creatures

Postby Phiane » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:23 am

On Dathmoir when trying to apporach Rancors to sample from they always aggro on me at the last minute, I only have basic Scout skills and I always maks my scent but they [i:8b96a54436]always[/i:8b96a54436] go aggro.

Any suggestions or advice?
\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.\" Dr. Seuss
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:20 am

If you only have basic scout skills you'll probably need a Master Ranger to apply Dathomirian camoflauge to you.

I'm a Bothan (get's a +10 bonus), have 4040 in Scout, wear +25 mask scent clothing, drink the Jawa Beer (+17% scent bonus) and still can't get close enough to the mutant rancors without them breaking my mask scent.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:03 pm

Master Scout is [i:d84c46dc3f]really[/i:d84c46dc3f] useful. It adds another +20, I believe, over 4xxx. At the very least get some BE clothes to give you that +25 boost.
Phiane

Postby Phiane » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:03 am

Ok, thanks for the help guys.
\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.\" Dr. Seuss
Awiog Owaba

Postby Awiog Owaba » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:31 am

i dont know yet about mutant rancors but i can get close to an bull rancor without him detecting me. but i cant seem to get a dna off of him i am at dna 4, i got +25 masked scent clothing as a total, im not a master scout just what u need for ch. so i am hoping to get a dna from a bull rancor but been failing all the time so far
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:26 am

Bull Rancors are CL 65, so you might need to be a master to successfully sample one. (Or at least have a decent chance of it.)

Postby » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:36 am

The best way to sample dna from a mutant rancer in my experience is to find a lair or a static spawn point. Run up kill everything and then wait for them to spawn again. Once they do most times you are within the 15 meter range so start sampling, I ususally get at least 4 fails before they aggro me. I keep doing this untill I do eventually get some successes. I have also found that I have better results against the higher lvl creatures with no mask scent, dont know why.
Mrrdark

Postby Mrrdark » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:54 am

Okie This has been Debated to death on Swg - bio eng

http://swgbe.mmospy.com/index.php

Yup Most maskscent you can

Yup BE cloths

Yup jawa beer

Yup camo if you can or find a ranger to tag along

and yup get doc buffs and brandy

Hit peace and be in peace mode no wep equiped

and Sucessfull tatic I use is Stop 100 m out leave bike out walk and then from 80 m out crawl ..

crawl the whole damm way if they Detect me stay prone and wait if tehy aggro run if they don't mask scent again and keep going.... if they agrro run like a GSP .. the other way jump and bike and Go spamming peace ...

Come back try again after 3rd aggro better off just going to another spawn the have a scout class mob in there ( but not named scout ).. or ya can kill em all if ya can..

This works quite well for me ( I have rifleman 1/3/0/0 BTW so use take Cover for crawling) if i can crawl all teh ways to em and sample i'm home free ....its run for my life on bad sample and repeat appraoch till there all sampled out ... also stay prone the Whole time .. make a stand sample prone macro .. And a Auto bike mount one as well helps a lot it targets and loctes your bike if its to far away to mount so ya never run in wrong direction looking for bike

Depends on if i can find a Spawn without a scout class but if i do go home with a BP full of dna ..

heres sample of the macro of The SWGBE site fourms

/target speeder; or x34 if you got a landspeeder
/pause 0.1;
/mount;

/stand;
/peace;
/pause 0.5;
/sampledna;
/peace;
/pause 0.5;
/takecover; or use prone if you don't have take cover

Return to “BE Discussions”