Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Sample HAM based on donar HAM

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Sample HAM based on donar HAM

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:36 pm

I did some testing today after noticing some patterns in my DNA sampling. These were my [url=http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=bio-engineer&message.id=73204]results[/url].

To summerize, your DNA sample's hardiness, dexterity and intellect, which determine the final pet HAM, correspond to the sampled creature's HAM with only a little random variation. This has two important effects:

1) In a group of creatures, sample those whose HAM matches what you want in your final pet first. If you want health to be much greater than mind, don't sample from the one whose mind is much greater than health.

2) If you enter DNA into the database, you only need to enter [i:f1f20b1a96]one[/i:f1f20b1a96] sample in any given category (VHQ, HQ, AA, etc.), else you are weighting that entire category towards that specific creature's stats. Samples from multiiple creatures are even more important to acquire and enter so that things average out.
vvedge
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby vvedge » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:22 pm

good to know but i'm afraid that 1/2 if not 3/4 of all my entries fall in the [i:a423a56652]'else you are weighting that entire category towards that specific creature's stats'[/i:a423a56652] range, I used to sample each creature to death and enter every sample I have...
Sure I will only enter one from now...
Dako Sijei - Male Zabrak - <BEAST>
Creature Handler / Bio-engineer
Farstar Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:38 pm

I know, but the work is still appreciated. (I did this a lot myself. Oh well.)

Return to “BE Discussions”