Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Would BE's use a pet recipe database?

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Would BE's use a pet recipe database?

Postby Juntao » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:21 pm

I'm thinking about adding the ability to add pet recipes that people come up with to create their pets. You know, telling what they use to make an end result.

Would this be of use and would it be used?
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Mrrdark

Postby Mrrdark » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:01 pm

hell yes getting a Good recipes is a pian i'd love to see a database
O'the

Postby O'the » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:58 pm

sounds like a wonderful idea
Eronel

Postby Eronel » Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:39 pm

I would absolutely love to have this kind of tool. I am in the process of making a little program to do something similar (or rather in process of making my boyfriend do it :wink: ). I was planning on having it ask me for the stats I want (HAM, damage, resists, ect.) and then give me the required stat values I need to create in order to have that creature, so I can just go and search the database for the appropriate animals to work with. Of course non-CH pets are completely different, and it'll really only work best for Master BEs, but for pets with no level restrictions, this could make the process much easier.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:20 pm

I would use it!
Dorelli

Postby Dorelli » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:10 am

I WOULD! In fact, I would love to have recipes for things that DID NOT WORK so we can see what is good and bad. I'm still learning - I don't know if more advanced BE's can just eye-ball stuff and know what they are going to get but I know I'm not at that stage yet.

Thanks!
-- Dor
Iciakliage

Postby Iciakliage » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:53 am

As a brand new BE, I would very much be interested in a recipes database, as I find trying to learn BE solo to be extremely daunting. I do think, however, that we should use some ethics in this. Let's not be trying to find the most uber recipes to make game-unbalancing pets, but fair, good quality pets that enhance game play. My two cents worth. :)
Ichiakliage Atipo
Dorelli

Postby Dorelli » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:38 am

General recipe for new BE's to try:

in Prowess, Mental, Aggression: DNA A
in Physique and Psych: DNA B

DNA A is chosen so that it has about 4 times the value of DNA B in Hardiness and Dexterity and about 3.5 times the value of DNA B in Intellect. You can pretty much eyeball this.

DNA B should have a minimum value of say 30 or 40 or else everything will reduce down to 'low-level nonsense'.

This should give a more balanced pet with ... say if you choose DNA B to be about 40 and DNA A to be about 160, then a HAM of about 600 withOUT experimentation b/c new BE's don't have that many exp. pts. to fool around with.

I have not actually done this in the game but have just worked it out on paper (and with the wonderful DNA laboratory calculator on this site). I am hoping it DOES work and it isn't premature to post this.

Do let me know how this works out if anyone tries it.

-- Dorelli
vvedge
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby vvedge » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:10 pm

You can count my vote ! would be a very nice addition
Dako Sijei - Male Zabrak - <BEAST>
Creature Handler / Bio-engineer
Farstar Galaxy
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:25 pm

That would be good, but in my opinion it would ruin some of the fun of figuring them out urself
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)

Return to “BE Discussions”