Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Telepathic Creatures?

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Motherslip

Telepathic Creatures?

Postby Motherslip » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:42 pm

[b:e98706209d][color=yellow:e98706209d]I hesitated to even broach this subject, convinced it had been thoroughly hashed out by this time, but I couldn't search any posts using the words \"telepathic\" or \"telepathy\". Is there any way to BE a creature that would be telepathically bonded to its owner? It would make a terrific hunting/fighting partner--or is that simply too too complicated for the game?

You probably know I'm trying to get a Pernese dragon through the back door, lol.[/color:e98706209d][/b:e98706209d]
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:18 pm

How exactly do you mean \"telepathically bonded\"? We can use the /tellpet command to give our pets orders and nobody else would see it in spatial chat. That would kind of make it look like our pet just \"knew\" what we wanted it to do. For example, we could /tellpet guard right before entering a fight and then as soon as we get attacked the pet would run to our aid/rescue without us having to say anything out loud.

That's the best I can think of. Not entirely sure what you're looking for though. :lol:
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Motherslip

Postby Motherslip » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:47 pm

[quote:1a70b86ce3=\"Yvesof\"]How exactly do you mean \"telepathically bonded\"? We can use the /tellpet command to give our pets orders and nobody else would see it in spatial chat. That would kind of make it look like our pet just \"knew\" what we wanted it to do. For example, we could /tellpet guard right before entering a fight and then as soon as we get attacked the pet would run to our aid/rescue without us having to say anything out loud.

That's the best I can think of. Not entirely sure what you're looking for though. :lol:[/quote:1a70b86ce3][b:1a70b86ce3][color=yellow:1a70b86ce3]I can see where the /tellpet WOULD function as kind of a telepathic substitute, but I was really angling for a more intelligent option--one where the creature would have intelligence and could actually communicate as well as cooperate. The function would not only be /tellpet but would also be /tellowner, you see?[/color:1a70b86ce3][/b:1a70b86ce3]
AKA TootsieDaWookie/Ithi Ok'a/L'essa Ru'Atha/Fewi Ik'Ra

Never met a creature I didn't like--well--except crawly ones--well--except stinky ones--well--I haven't met ALL of 'em, either------
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:37 am

oooo it would be fun if u could a player that u had given /consent to could like play as ur pet :D thats kinda stupid...but it would be kool!
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:11 am

Actually, one of my pets I think might be a bit telepathic. He once actually saved me from a pack of huurtons with my giving him any commands to do so.
SHAZAM!

Return to “BE Discussions”