Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

BE and Pet level/stats adjustment

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Sinaya

Postby Sinaya » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:11 pm

Reading this thread it brought up another question I've had about the /transfer command. I'm working to be a MBE and my husband is working to be a MCH (I make 'em, he trains 'em).

Our question is...Can you sell a trained pet on a vendor? We had thought the transfer command made them so they could be put on a vendor, fully trained (or even partially trained). All we do know at this point (both of us being very new to our respective professions) is that once we tame/train a pet, we can't put it on our vendor.

I'm also a bit worried after reading this thread. I've put a lot of work into learning how to make a decent non-CH pet to either be a tank, a mount, or for combat. Looking at the dates on this thread, I'm wondering if any of these bugs have been fixed yet? Are non-CH pets still unpredictable when they get called?
Dorelli

Postby Dorelli » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:22 am

Sinaya,

Welcome to BE! My husband and I are on Bloodfin and he is a master CH now and I am a master BE so we are about 2 months ahead of you give or take a few crafting macros :) But it is great fun and I find the greatest pleasure in crafting nice pets for HIM. I JUST got master tho so I haven't quite managed to make him the rancor he wants yet...

[quote:92ba7b8727]
Our question is...Can you sell a trained pet on a vendor? We had thought the transfer command made them so they could be put on a vendor, fully trained (or even partially trained). All we do know at this point (both of us being very new to our respective professions) is that once we tame/train a pet, we can't put it on our vendor.
[/quote:92ba7b8727]

Ah the transfer command. As you know already, without it, you have to trade manually and ask someone to trade, open up your datapad and drag it over. Once the pet has learned transfer, you can target a player and tell your pet 'transfer' and it will go into their datapad. No acceptance is necessary for this to work.

We just tried to target a vendor and 'transfer' both a BE and a non-BE pet into it and the pet just looked confused. Therefore I think we can assume that tamed pets (both wild and from deeds) cannot be redeeded. And they cannot be sold on a vendor therefore.

[quote:92ba7b8727]
I'm also a bit worried after reading this thread. I've put a lot of work into learning how to make a decent non-CH pet to either be a tank, a mount, or for combat. Looking at the dates on this thread, I'm wondering if any of these bugs have been fixed yet? Are non-CH pets still unpredictable when they get called?
[/quote:92ba7b8727]

Since writing the original post, I have gotten better and better experimentation skills. The original problems came when I was about 1-0-1-1 or worse in BE. Now I'm a master it has been a long time since I have made a pet that had problems being called. And making a level 10 just got REAL easy as I tried the Voritor Dasher recipe again and it actually WORKED for me this time. It didn't before either b/c of my level or because of what I was doing (probably experimenting a teeny bit too much). Now I can eyeball a DNA template and know if it is going to be an 10 or and 11. I think that just comes with experience.

The problems I was having were very likely due to the fact that the animals had a highish HAM for a PET of that size, and on top of that resistances to most things as well. Since then I've learned to USE the vulnerables in a sample to counter balance the resists - specials and effectives - and mix and match to get the resists I want and by NOT having the ones I don't want, am able to get a higher HAM value.

But that is still very much a work in progress. I could drop my master BE and some of my bars to see if i can still make non-problem level 10's with what I know now, but ... oh gee ... I really DON'T feel like making THAT experiment - took long enough to get 'em in the first place :)

Please don't worry too much - I expect you won't hit all the problems I did - I was just trying to be 'too clever' for my own good while leaving out the entire question of resistances from the KEY.

Yours and GOOD LUCK,
Dorelli Deacon (MBE) on Bloodfin
married to Castile Deacon (MCH) on Bloodfin

PS. We gave up trying to sell trained pets and just include a blurb on the pet deed now - that says to contact my husband Castile for training and mounting of the pet.

PPS. I have also got part of CH - up to level 20 animals - so I can train if needed, but more to the point - to enjoy making and using the pets I can make and also for hunting with my husband and his pets.

Return to “BE Discussions”