Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Sampling tips

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
vvedge
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Sampling tips

Postby vvedge » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:16 am

some usefull tips could be found [url=http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=bio-engineer&message.id=78152]there[/url]

for example did you know that by peacing (/peace) before sampling, if you become aggroed and you don't fight back you have less chance that other pet from the herd aggro you ?

just tried it this morning and it works (I sample huurton pup and when they aggro, the matron right near don't attack :) )
Dako Sijei - Male Zabrak - <BEAST>
Creature Handler / Bio-engineer
Farstar Galaxy
Sinaya

Postby Sinaya » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:46 pm

Those tips are great, and I also have my own technique (not too different, but here it is).

First, I'm a new BE, but have Scout-Exploration and Hunting IV, Medic-Organic Chemistry IV, Pistoleer - Pistol Tech I. My char started out as an Artisan but got an Image Designer to give me 850 health, 850 Action, and 850 Mind. Here is my technique for the nasties (using *no DR buffs*)...

1. Vasarian Brandy (for added mind pool, it won't drain to nothing after just a few samplings). The Vas Brandy I get lasts for anywhere from 30-40 minutes, so it's not like you have to drink it every time you go to sample.

2. Mask Scent
3. Peace Mode
4. Run up to within 25 meters of the creature, then walk to within 6 meters and start sampling. (If you don't know already, you can walk by pressing [shift] while running). I stop at about 6m out because you *can* sample from up to 10m away, but if the creature moves, you get out of range. If it moves, just walk along beside it (holding shift key). I also stop at 6m because if it aggro's, hey, that's 6m more between me and it when I'm running for my life! :wink:
5. If it aggro's at any point, Peace Mode keeps me from shooting at it while I make my escape - just keep running until it drops off and then run about 20 meters more and stop. Watch your radar for the creature to head back to it's lair. I have found that once it gets back to it's lair, I can begin sampling the same critter again without it automatically aggro'ing on me.
6. When going on sampling runs where I need DNA from very aggressive, deathblow/disease-capable critters I take along my TK husband as my bodyguard, hehehe. It works out for both of us, if the critter aggro's, hubby gets TK exp, if not then I get the sample.

I actually make quite a lot of money taking missions when I'm going on sampling runs. I take high-paying missions and make my own stim-B's - the only thing I buy is a ticket to that planet and my Brandy. I usually can make 50k a night and come home with around 100 samples (wear a backpack for an extra 50 samples you can carry in addition to your inventory space).

One thing for BE's to remember - If you are just sampling various lairs as you walk or ride along, please remember that *named lairs* are someone's mission. In other words, if the lair says it's a \"Giant Gubber Herd's Lair\" instead of just \"a pile of leaves\", it is someones mission and they might be more than just a little upset to get there and find you've killed everything.
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:43 am

When sampling my wee merek chums and the like, i prefer to drive up to em on my bike, (masked to the eyeballs) hop off, and start sampling.... while the sampling is happening i radial me bike and have it ready to hop on and leg it.

This works pretty well on mereks as they dont skitter about too much.
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:06 pm

My macro goes something like

/dismount;
/pause 0.5;
/sampledna;
/pause 0.5;
/mount speederbike;
/mount X34;

The last two lines are for getting on either a bike or an X34 whichever I happen to be driving at the time.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]

Return to “BE Discussions”