Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

help....need to make level 10 pet with 50% kin

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Kyrei Draven

help....need to make level 10 pet with 50% kin

Postby Kyrei Draven » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:54 pm

Okay, i have been reading for days now and scribbling and pulling my hair out (lol) finally it is time i ask for help before i implode :shock:

i know this subject has been talked about in many forms here, believe me i have read them all i think and have finally tried some suggestions

i have finally got a pet to level 12 with 10 kin

the lowering of the levels i think i am getting close to a level 10 which is what this person wants

the order from my client is for a level 10 kitty with 50%kin and perhaps some other good attributes so they can be used in combat for anon Ch of course

finally got a nice level 12 gurreck but with 10% kin useing the recepie

VD+HP+HP+VD+HP
as suggested by one

then tried a pciket in the first slot instead since they have 50% kin and i know that usually gets pretty much cut in half and ended up with a level 15 Gurreck with 20% kin

i have other recepies but none of those creature have any kin so i dont think they will help wi tht his particular problem

any suggestions pleeease?
Kyrei Draven MBE
Sunrunner galaxy
Planet Naboo
city of Chimera
Kyrei Draven

Postby Kyrei Draven » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:01 pm

Oh btw the Picket i put in was a Fierce picket protec just so your not wondering how i have a picket with 50% kin (lol)

Kyrei
Kyrei Draven MBE

Sunrunner galaxy

Planet Naboo

city of Chimera
cheetohsuh

Postby cheetohsuh » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:52 am

The only way to make a nonCH pet with 50/60 kinetic is multi-generations. You'll probably have to do two or three. For the first generation, do a combination of pets that have high ham, no armor and not too many resistances (two or three) Then, for the second generation, you'll need to find another combination that cancels out all the resistances but kinetic (sometimes blast inevitably works its way in, but it doesnt seem to effect CL too much, so dont worry about that one). A lot of people use MH-MH-G1-G1-G1 for the second generation, but check your first and make sure that will cancel out resistances, if it doesnt, you'll need another combo for the second generation, but MH-MH-g2-g2-g2 for the third generation and keep doing that until you get down to CL10.

edit: check out the official BE forums at starwarsgalaxies.com... Theres a thread about these pets up there right now

Jadis Stardust
Master BioEngineer/Master Ranger
Ahazi
Kyrei Draven

Postby Kyrei Draven » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:17 am

Thank you for the reply :D

yea i figured it would have to be done through gens

whats so frustrating is that i have made a perfect lvl 10 pet with between 2k-4k ham and 120-130 dmg

all the stats are perfect so far except for the kin

and what was getting to me was the fact that i may place a 60 kin creature in the mix, in the correct places (at least by what all the guides and forums have told me to) and know , no matter what that , that stat would be taken down to like 20 or even 14, within that range at least. What i guess i am not understanding is how to build up the kin....when you take DNA from a creature you have just created most of the stats lower as you go..

some of the confusion as well lays in one of just many questions i have, such as---what slots do i place the high kin creatures in , in order to get the high kin stats?
and as i place lower gen creatures into the mix, how is that going to raise the stat?

i have a feeling this is all fairly understandable once it clicks...and i am just steps away from hearing that click...but until that time i want to just toss it out the window and cry, it is a love/hate relationship now and i want to drop that hate (lol)

perhaps one day i will get to know someone on SWG who knows something of BE well enough to call and speak about it and not type it....the written word is what is confusing me...but until that time i have to continue to search

thank you for your answer, i am starting to try and use multi gen and experiment on how they effect the mix in contrast to the orginal samples

Greatly appreciated :D
Kyrei Draven MBE

Sunrunner galaxy

Planet Naboo

city of Chimera
cheetohsuh

Postby cheetohsuh » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 am

Resistances are determined by each slot as follows:

Physique: 45%
Prowess: 25%
Mental: 5%
Psych: 5%
Aggression: 25%

So, look at the kinetic resistance on all your DNA samples, and plug them into the formula:
x*.45+x*.25+x*.5+x*.5+x*.25=X Resistance

The exception is if you are mixing special and effective resists. Special resists cannot be experimented up or down, but do not become zeros if your creature gets armor (500 fortitude gives armor). Effective resists can be experimented up, but drop to zero and have to be experimented up again if the creature gets armor.
Because of this, special resists act as a 'dominant gene' so to speak, and override effective resists. If you are mixing DNA in the template, and some kinetic resists are effective, they count as zeros in the equation above. So, say you were doing MH-MH-g1-g1-g1 and your generation 1 was all made with voritor dasher DNA (which would come out to about 20 effective resist), you'd end up with this as the forumla:

75*.45+75*.25+0+0+0=52.5 Kinetic resistance

Hope that helps you some.

Jadis Stardust

Master BioEngineer/Master Ranger

Ahazi
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:36 am

Cheetohsuh is right on the money. Resistances play a big role in determining the CL. So if your final creature is vulnerable to all but kinetic, that should lower the CL of the pet quite a bit.
Last edited by Nytar on Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Kyrei Draven

Postby Kyrei Draven » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:00 pm

You both have been a great help in clarifying some issues and giving me new perspective on others

i will go ahead and give it a try and see if by doing it not in theory but finally by hand, may perhaps make everything click into place , if not fully , then perhaps more than it is now (lol)

again Thank you both so very much :D

PS. and no worries, i will be here again crying about something else soon enough! (lol)
Kyrei Draven MBE

Sunrunner galaxy

Planet Naboo

city of Chimera
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:50 am

Just don't do it. It hurts BE's and CH's in the long run when the devs correct the \"valid CL check\". and nerf anything for the Combat Rebalance.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:52 am

LOL I totally forgot this recipe is way overpowered. I do make those for myself, but do not sell them to anyone (except some LVL23 variations).

I just loved the part of this recipe where you figure sweet spot in the resistances so that you still go 60 kinetic. But, of course, its bad for CHs because it would devalue the CH profession. I should not have written up the recipe in the public place and I apologize.

BTW I self destructed the recipe part :P
Sorry about my ignorance.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
Kyrei Draven

Postby Kyrei Draven » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:50 pm

no worries on the recepie and the ethics of it, i already decided not to make it before i checked my mail :)

you see i kept wondering, and on occasion voicing my opinion to my fiancee here in rl, as to \"why make a creature that can be used by non Ch's with no effort when we as Ch's have to take the time and energy to learn and grind and work our way up the ladder to pretty much attain the same thing? ....seems a little unbalanced, but then again if many can attain something easy through shortcuts then usually that path is the most worn (chuckles)

Thank both once again :D

Kyrei
Kyrei Draven MBE

Sunrunner galaxy

Planet Naboo

city of Chimera

Return to “BE Discussions”