Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Sampling

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
Warrote

Sampling

Postby Warrote » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:01 pm

What skills are required to collect DNA samples? Do you have to be a BE? Can they be traded/sold?

-Warrote

Postby » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:20 am

you need to be a BE... yes the samples can be traded or sold.
CyponEclipse

Postby CyponEclipse » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:46 am

How do we know up to what level we should try to sample? Is there a way to tell with DNA Harvesting? Mine says +30. Does that mean I can only harvest up to level 30 creatures?

Postby » Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:16 am

A novice BE can sample a Sharnaff, but with little success, so there probably isn’t I limit.
Starski

Postby Starski » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:36 am

If the creature doesn't aggro on me I've been able to sample anything and everything. Just sampled huf dun bulls yesterday.
Giaque

Postby Giaque » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 pm

I have had substantial success with the Jundland and Desert Eopies on Tat. I get lvl 10 missions that take me right to them. The give 129 and 189 xp per sample respectively. If there is a better direction to take, please let me know.
Thanks for the help
Giaque
Shadowfire
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:12 am

I found it best to do that until you get sampling 2, then go sample sharnaffs all the way to sampling 4.
Master CH/BE Farstar
Yvesof Tabec

Postby Yvesof Tabec » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:56 am

I moved to a city on Dantooine early in my BE career and climbing the DNA tree has been nothing but easy (not to mention the samples are pretty nice for what they are). Almost every creature out there is aggro but without deathblows and you can easily get missions for any you like. Just avoid the Seething Bol Crusher until you're ready for the disease of your life. :wink:

Yvesof Tabec
Sanctuary, Dantooine resident Valcyn Server
Yvesof Tabec

Postby Yvesof Tabec » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:57 am

oops, forgot to mention that xp for sampling out there ranges from 299-350 per critter.

Postby » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:31 pm

Dantooine is fairly safe, good sampling (I live on dantooine). Even the random aggro is spread out enough that it's easy to avoid if you want (I don't, i want to sample everything on my radar).

I went to dathmoor after hitting sampling 2 and had a good ole time (almost got to sampling 4 by the end of the night). Dath has lots of high exp sampling and high creature concentrations. I'm also a master TKA so I'm not really worried about getting jumped.

Return to “BE Discussions”