Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

bio-engineers nerfed WTF

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession

bio-engineers nerfed WTF

Postby » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:50 pm

although i am not ig right now due to being at work i recieved a call from a friend who told me about the latest \"screw the bio-engineers\" patch that went into effect today. i had this confirmed by another friend who couldn't pull a lvl 8 gualama i made for her. please let me know what information anyone has obtained concerning the reasoning behind this latest patch.

dart
Tal-N

Postby Tal-N » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:42 pm

Me and a few others on the offical site for quite some time found out that there was a major flaw in the cloning systems CL calculations. Put simply there was two flaws which were interconnected. The first is that any resistances which were classed as effectiveness rather than special protection were being ignored, leading to as much as a 50% discount to the CL leading to overpowered clones. The other was related to species with armor and effectiveness resistances who allowed you to make lower CL clones with stats of ones around CL40. Such examples were CL5 clones with 500 damage and 10,000 HAM. Or CL1 clones with 9000 HAM and 200 damage.

For a long time people argued if this was fair or not, i stood on the side of the fact it was unbalanced along with others who recieved alot of hassle from ignorant and selfish players who wanted to keep these super pets.

As expected it was corrected and now many people have pets which can no longer to be called, i hope the bio-engineers who sold the exploit created clones are losing alot customers now.

Postby » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:46 am

i understand the examples you listed as being overpowered and probable exploits. i made several pets with 7k health 2k action and 3k mind using piket dna and hurton pup dna. these pets only hit for 120-130. i consider this a very good pet, not an exploit. this is a pet suited for pve only, it would be owned in pvp only having 2k action. yet none of these pets can be called.

the devs need to provide a guideline as to what aspects of the cloning process affect the final cl. the generic template needs to indicate the clones cl. if i had an inventory full of cl 10-25 it would make it easier to provide pets to the masses. instead of me always saying \"hold on that one came out lvl 17 let me try it again, oh sorry i had a critical failure, I didn't mean to waist 10 min of your time\"

dart
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:25 am

While I think a guide from the devs would be helpful, you have a great one on this site.

If you want a CL 10 creature, go look at what a wild CL 10 looks like. A bageraset is a good average example:

900 HAM, no resistances, 180 damage, ranged with intimidate.

Yes a BE critter should be better, but you cannot expect the devs to say anything double this and still CL 10 is balanced. The example will work for any CL you choose, but works especially well at the low end, which is now anything below CL 40-ish.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:47 pm

I have to say i am glad it has been fixed. It was common sense that it was never inteded we could make pets 200%+ as good as anything tamable thus I avoided anything under lvl 30.

I am suprised people where not banned for it as the deffinition of an exploiter is using something to your or others gain that was not inteded.
Master CH/BE Farstar

Postby » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:03 am

:lol: Be careful what you wish for. You do realize that every pet made was under its projected strength and not just the lvl 10. So should all the BE's that made LVL 30's with the stats of LVL 50's also be banned.

Darkvol
\"Ignorance is the road to Bliss\"
mediadiva

Postby mediadiva » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:36 pm

Well now about these Uber non-ch pets all you people got or purchased, here is the latest news. Let me start from the beggning.

In the last big patch it was made so BE's could finally do some cool shiz, but when they did so there was a bug that allowed uber-non-ch pets to be made.. now here we go..

So two days ago they released a \"hot fix\" to supposildy stop these uber pets from A) being made and B) being used (hence invalid errors). Upon going live with t his awful \"hot fix\" which in my opinion only breaks things and is truley unproffesional, it somehow broke not only the uber-non-ch pets but also normal ch-pets along with some pets not even made with the supposid bugged new system. And they can still CREATE invalid pets! It's not safe to buy anything from a BE right now, so things are broken worse then before.

This brings us to today! In dev tracker there is a post stating that they are doing something so on saturday we can probably call these uber pets until they can do a true fix in the next BIG PATCH. So dont delete those pets yet, dont go yelling at your BE cause its not their fault. Just wait it out. One day it will work (I truley hope thats a true statment). And if you want some rad CH XP cause your low level, go get one of these uber ones and use it for a few weeks till they change things again!

Tesra Elation & Starphire Elation (DE-BE & MD-TK-CH) @ Dantooine
Aoccdrnigto a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
- Starphire Elation & Tesra Elation (Tarquinas)

Return to “BE Discussions”