Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Critical Failures: Dont get yer hopes up

Discussions pertaining to the bio-engineer profession
T'Ky

Critical Failures: Dont get yer hopes up

Postby T'Ky » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:22 pm

The devs have brought out a new hotfix, included in this fix is the claim that while crafting, critical failures will no longer destroy the material used.

This is either:

A. complete crap

or:

B. a fix for everyone EXCEPT Bio-Engineers. (shock horror)

Dunno what its like for tissues, but for making DNA templates, a crit fail still robs you of yer hard earned rancor DNA.

Just a heads up for all you pet-making BEs out there. Dont get too excited.
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Yeah I got all excited about no more critical failures and crafted with some nice dna and BOOM! \"Critical Failure\" ... I swear BE gets reamed big time! I still wish we get lootable Exp tapes so we can have 12 points. Thanks DEV-ils :evil:
Anyone care for some corpse jello?
T'Ky

Postby T'Ky » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:44 pm

yeah its a pain in the ass, (if you are a pet BE not a tissue BE), this grand profession of ours is the one where EVERY item is hand made, out of 5 components, each one of which has to be gathered individually (sometimes at great risk), takes up 1 space in the inventory and has unique stats. Then when we sit there and we fiddle about with our speadsheets to select which sample of rancor to put where, we get a crit fail and lose the whole damn lot. Other crafters have their res in bulk, and the crafting process is a case of: put on skill-mod clothing (made possible only by Bio Engineered tissue), add A to B, cross fingers, roll dice, experiment, create schematic, churn out 1000 units, go watch telly.
and its these guys that get to keep their res??

mind you if BE werent the red-headed stepchild of crafting, constantly ignored apart from when the devs decide to break something...
I guess i wouldnt love it as much lol

/endrant
stigmata

Postby stigmata » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:45 am

I agree! People ask me why I charge a rather high amount and I tell them \"Try getting a DNA sample from a Mutant Rancor!\" And its so tough to try to keep a decent stock on your vendor. Luckily I have been selling stuff at a decent rate but you always get the custom orders which would make you want to run naked through a field of Krayts covered in varasian brandy then complete.
Anyone care for some corpse jello?
martyk
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby martyk » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:04 am

It's stupid that we still lose our samples when we get critical faliures. some dev must hate me cause I only get failerus when I'm working with graul mauler dna!

My guess is that the devs only count the artisan profs as crafting proffestions. Bios don't count! We're only explorers who make pets! They consider ti like it's the same as making a camp! Oh faliure, guess I gotta kill another gorg. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!! You wouldn't hear a bio saying \"Oh faliure, gotta go kneel between the legs of a mutant rancor while poking it with neadles. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid devs. Their mistreatment of us is trully unfair! WE ARE THE ONLY NEGLECTED PROFESION!!! *explodes* :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ok, I'm done :)
SHAZAM!
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:23 am

[quote:24a84713f9=\"Monsh\"][quote:24a84713f9=\"martyk\"] ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid devs. Their mistreatment of us is trully unfair! WE ARE THE ONLY NEGLECTED PROFESION!!! [/quote:24a84713f9]

Obviously you havn't looked at the Architect or Droid Engineering forums lately :lol:

We are one of MANY professions getting the short end of the stick lately...its' all about combat it seems. Perhaps we should have to kill our targets to sample them? Then at least the Devs would give us a look. :P[/quote:24a84713f9]

Yes but in order to kill a good critter like a mutant rancor u would need good combat skills which not everyone wants to get.
SHAZAM!
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:23 am

[quote:3d69fc43ec=\"Monsh\"]
We are one of MANY professions getting the short end of the stick lately...its' all about combat it seems. Perhaps we should have to kill our targets to sample them? Then at least the Devs would give us a look. :P[/quote:3d69fc43ec]

Yes but in order to kill a good critter like a mutant rancor u would need good combat skills which not everyone wants to get.
SHAZAM!
martyk

Re:

Postby martyk » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:01 am

[quote:f1e9674f96=\"Liah\"]I know what you mean. I was crafting a \"uber pet\" that used mostly mutant rancor DNA (A DNA sample that is a rare treat for me) and I got a critical failure.

I was so angry/upset that I just logged off right then and there.[/quote:f1e9674f96]

Ya, I've logged off because of frusttration before. Usually because a friend of mine is being and ass.
SHAZAM!

Return to “BE Discussions”