Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Max lvl of pet +70 ?

General site discussion area

Max lvl of pet +70 ?

Postby 007 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:04 am

8) Hi all

This is maybe a NoOb question, but is it possible to get more than 70 max lvl of pet? if yes, can u explain me how please.

(for example can i hope to get an ancient rancor or its just a dream? )

Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:45 am

Not sure about the pet levels myself, but if you're talking about the Ancient Bull Rancor then you're out of luck. According to the database they don't have babies so taming them wouldn't be an option. Of course, if you were talking about some other Ancient Rancor then my whole response here is pointless. :)
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server

Postby 007 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:47 am

Sorry i was meaning a Mutant Rancor (lvl 75) :wink: i know they dont have babies but I see there is an DNA info , that means BE can make it, that means player would be able to use it huh?

but i cant understant how to get more than 70 max lvl of pet :?

if any CH Master know, please post it

thanks alot 8)

Great Site !
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:17 am

You cannot control higher than 70 pet levels.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:50 pm

BEs can sample up to CL 75 creatures. They can even make ones above CL 70, however no one can call these once grown as Juntao said.

The BE system is flexible in that the final CL is determined by [i:48d2dd24ac]all[/i:48d2dd24ac] the DNA used. So mixing two CL 75 samples, two CL 5 and a CL 40 would result in something around CL 40 on average (give or take a few CLs).
adrgnsprms

Postby adrgnsprms » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:18 am

I would also like to know if you can tame creatures higher than cl 70. ALSO, i have a jacket that gives me +14 to taming wild and vicous creatures. when i am master ch will i still get that above and beyond what master ch gives me? if so will it allow me to tame creatures higher than cl 70?

thanks, hope theres an ancwer out there :?:
Husarz

Postby Husarz » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:55 am

You can control max lvl 70 creature. And taming, yeah.. the higest lvl tamable creature in SWG is bull rancor, lvl 65...
brainstuff2

Postby brainstuff2 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:28 am

[quote:7cb19ca85e=\"adrgnsprms\"]I would also like to know if you can tame creatures higher than cl 70. ALSO, i have a jacket that gives me +14 to taming wild and vicous creatures. when i am master ch will i still get that above and beyond what master ch gives me? if so will it allow me to tame creatures higher than cl 70?

thanks, hope theres an ancwer out there :?:[/quote:7cb19ca85e]

hi - the +14 taming doesn't have anything to do with the difficulty level (ie up to 70) of the animal you are trying to tame - as fas as I know, it gives you a helping hand on the success rate of taming (you know sometimes it says \"you fail to tame the creature\"...). I think there are other BE clothes which can give bonuses specifically to \"taming vicious cretures\" and \"taming wild creatures\" (which are also two different things, if you look in the stats for each CH skill).

Hope that helps
brain
[img:b3c40c40d0]http://www.brainstuff.co.uk/swg/brain/brain.gif[/img:b3c40c40d0]
Taste

Postby Taste » Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:19 pm

You are correct. the + to taming only gives a better chance to tame. common misconception is that wookiees can control higher level creatures, when it really means they just have a +10 to their chance to tame successfully. :twisted:
this is taste with the FBI. we are looking for new recruits, any imperials can join. anyone interested can contact taste, stormiy, fuzzylaserbrain, grumman, schweizer, pilatus, ikik, okopro, aegi, twe'nia, tourette, or xiangzi.
subsurf11

BE sampling

Postby subsurf11 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:33 pm

Well if a BE can only sample lvl75 creatures then the Peko Peko Albatros DNA sample that is posted here is misleading. I just spent the last 2hrs hunting one of these damn things down, to find this out.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”