Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

/tellpet will not work

General site discussion area
old nasty

/tellpet will not work

Postby old nasty » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:50 pm

I have tried the tell pet command and I can not get it to work. Can someone please post how to use the command properly? And can someone post a complete example of a macro that works for trainning pets skills PLEASE!???!???
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:50 pm

\"/Tellpet store\" will make the pet store IF your pet is trained to store on the \"store\" command.

also, look at http://www.swgcreatures.com/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=532 for help on making training macros
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:39 pm

Make sure you are typing /tellpet (one word) and not /tell pet (two words). I use /tellpet almost 100% of the time with very few instances of it not working. And even then, if I spam it a few times, or move a step or two closer to my pet(s) it works fine :)
One tame at a time :)
tido

Postby tido » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:45 am

I can get one letter commands working too, but only If i do it like this:

/tellpet (Name) a

a is for Attack and so on. Less spatial flood is always nice :).
Electro

Postby Electro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:22 am

/tellPet Won't work if the first word in your command is a single letter. For example, I named one of my droids (X), and he won't listen to any command via tellpet that begins with his name. Same goes for 1 letter commands like a, unless you put a name or another word before it. Even making it aa will make it work, it just doesn't like single letters. Multiple word commands work fine as well, or they do for me anyway.
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:41 pm

So, in conclusion, we've learned not to give ur pets 1 letter commands! :wink:
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:00 pm

Personally, I've always hated the one letter commands. Even in spatial chat, I don't mind hearing a fellow CH tell his pet to \"kill\" or \"come\" but when he just says \"a\" or \"f\" or whatever.....ah well, it's not important but I never liked it. :?
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Warrote

Postby Warrote » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:29 pm

I agree Yvesof!
Master Creature Handler
Master Rifleman
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:15 am

I agree too. My commands are all 4-letters long beginning with a \"W\" (except attack, which is 3-letters long 'war', and the never used cpp and gpp) They are all descriptive of the command, if you have a very vivid imagination LOL.
One tame at a time :)
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:04 am

I guess I'll be the devils advocate because I really don't see the difference between a guy spamming A, A, A, A to attack versus Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack !! The latter actually takes more space since it involves more letters. I use single letter commands for the convenience of only having to type A [enter] when I'm in a battle and need to re-direct my pets to other targets.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”