Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Banned for disclosing NDA about CH on SOE (read me)

General site discussion area
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:57 pm

[quote:34ffc1a630]All creature data will be modified to re-adjust their hit points. Creatures will also have their attacks and armor modified to conform to the new rule set.
[/quote:34ffc1a630]

Looks like we'll have our work cut out for us again...
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:29 am

Hmmm I guess that means DNAs will change as well...
perhaps I should keep some good DNAs hidden in my house before they become \"illegal\" :P
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Looks like they are intentionally trying to piss off people and re-piss off people they previously pissed off...

No wonder they are hurting for membership and added SWG to the Sony Access list.

Wouldn't be surprized if they had a mass exedus from the game again...

Having to train again to remaster combat professions and more than likely nerf the Creature Handler profeession yet again; I guess I will hold off on ordering their latest update to see if I will even continue.

Sorry for the vent but these changes appear to me to be overly stupid in thought or lack thereof.

I quote:

\"Be ready to engage in the new, faster-paced Star Wars Galaxies combat system. As we finalize the various systems, we will continue to bring you updates and ask for your input. Please remember to keep your discussions constructive, we appreciate your feedback.

And again, please remember that this is In-Development. Things will change based on your feedback about the overall fun of the game. Looking forward to your comments!\"

End quote:

So instead of listening to input before hand they pee in the pot and wait for people to complain?? That just doesn't make sense...

How about listening to the people paying to play and fix bugs first before jamming a stick in the spokes?

We will see what happens and though there are no direct CH changes save the pets, they didn't address non game balancing issues for us.
Having a bigger datapad, being able to re-deed non vitality effected pets etc. What is the joy and mystique of the CH anymore, most people pull out pets these days and everyone yawns. I have 3 natural pets out of 22 slots in my datapad (all rares) and the rest are far superior BE pets, who goes out to hunt anymore?? Just buy a far better pet from the local 7/11...

None of us here are CH's only... alot of us have master combat professions that will be \"adjusted\" to the wanked \"new\" system.
I keep trying to end this post but I just fume more and more about this, this is why I took an 8 month sabbatical. Hope it doesn't become permanent... you guys are great especially Juntao. Enough is enough my pappy always said \"don't fix it if it aint broke\", is it broke or am I way off base?
Cyclone

Postby Cyclone » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:43 pm

Agreed with Ranja. I know I said I'll pre-order, but these changes everything. I'll wait and see how things turn out. If it's good, then I'll get the expansion. If it's not, well... WoW here I come...

Oh, with buffs nerfed we may have a chance of being a tanking profession once more... But I'll have to see how these stat changes to creatures will be made...
\"Si vis pacem, para belum!\"

Master Swordsman,
Master Creature Handler,
Medic!
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Some notes I found about the developers look at the Creature handler, I am rethinking my hasty response earlier...

Creature Handler Primary Role: Pet Handler
Secondary Role: Versatility
Offense: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Defense: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Crowd Control: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Creature Handlers are the ultimate in combat versatility. While they have no innate combat capabilities of their own they are able to fulfill almost any needed role as long as they have a pet with the necessary abilities. The Creature Handler was a very difficult profession to determine the proper role for. Throughout the history of the game Creature Handlers roles and abilities have shifted quite a bit. We will protect the role of Creature Handler and make sure that they are balanced and have a solid position, however historically we know that many people become upset when a pet is required for a key primary role like tanking. Because of this reason we felt that it would be ideal to allow Creature Handlers to be the jack-of-all-trades and have their actual role in a group be defined by their pets. Depending on the abilities of the pet called would determine the role that the Creature Handler can fulfill in the group. We do recognize that right now only minimal specialization of pet abilities is possible through Bio-Engineer Cloning. We plan on enhancing Creature Handler taming and training abilities so that a Creature Handler can shift a growing pet's abilities to better fulfill a tank, damage dealing to crowd control role, however this task will not be able to fit within the scope of the initial Combat Upgrade publish.

More tomorrow, it is alot of editing
Elainyn_Kabuki

Postby Elainyn_Kabuki » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:06 am

Why am I just a tadbit nervous about this?
[img:26ae2ad1f0]http://www.furiouspantaloons.org/pp/img/02509.jpg[/img:26ae2ad1f0]
velm

Re:

Postby velm » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:16 am

[quote:97dffc3516=\"ranja123\"]Some notes I found about the developers look at the Creature handler, I am rethinking my hasty response earlier...

Creature Handler Primary Role: Pet Handler
Secondary Role: Versatility
Offense: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Defense: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Crowd Control: N/A (Defined by Pet)
Creature Handlers are the ultimate in combat versatility. While they have no innate combat capabilities of their own they are able to fulfill almost any needed role as long as they have a pet with the necessary abilities. The Creature Handler was a very difficult profession to determine the proper role for. Throughout the history of the game Creature Handlers roles and abilities have shifted quite a bit. We will protect the role of Creature Handler and make sure that they are balanced and have a solid position, however historically we know that many people become upset when a pet is required for a key primary role like tanking. Because of this reason we felt that it would be ideal to allow Creature Handlers to be the jack-of-all-trades and have their actual role in a group be defined by their pets. Depending on the abilities of the pet called would determine the role that the Creature Handler can fulfill in the group. We do recognize that right now only minimal specialization of pet abilities is possible through Bio-Engineer Cloning. We plan on enhancing Creature Handler taming and training abilities so that a Creature Handler can shift a growing pet's abilities to better fulfill a tank, damage dealing to crowd control role, however this task will not be able to fit within the scope of the initial Combat Upgrade publish.

More tomorrow, it is alot of editing[/quote:97dffc3516]

The problem that I see with this way of thinking is that it does not really reflect how a CH is in actual game play. We are severly limited in these outlined areas. For instance, the delay in calling pets, not being able to call pets during combat, limited selection of pets.

This 'view' that devs have of us looks really great on paper, it really does. Heck, I am really impressed reading this. It makes us look like a really well rounded prof. But then when I get in game it does work like they say it does.
That last line about shifting a pets abilities really scares the heck out of me. That I do NOT like.
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:32 am

Keep in mind this is a heresay dev note I found, it \"appears\" to be real but who knows until the implement the code live...

For all intents and purposes however \"IF\" it does come to fruition it will mean respeccing our combat abilities and either dumping our datapads or \"trading\" in our cool pets for the uber-nerf 2005 CU upgrade pets...

I am going through the post now editing out the HTML and will post the while thing found on another site... ***Please*** take it with a grain of salt as this is not confirmed or denied info. I DO want to share this with my friends however just don't make hasty plans based on this drivel...

Also keep in mind this \"appears\" to be a leaked Dev document so this info can and probably will change with the wind.
Rydenn

Re:

Postby Rydenn » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:54 am

[quote:be6e243345=\"ranja123\"]We plan on enhancing Creature Handler taming and training abilities so that a Creature Handler can shift a growing pet's abilities to better fulfill a tank, damage dealing to crowd control role, however this task will not be able to fit within the scope of the initial Combat Upgrade publish.[/quote:be6e243345]

Okay, now THAT'S what I like to hear!
Finally, maybe we'll be able to tame REAL kimogilas and stuff, wouldn't that be great!
velm

Postby velm » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:24 am

We plan on enhancing Creature Handler taming and training abilities so that a Creature Handler can shift a growing pet's abilities to better fulfill a tank, damage dealing to crowd control role, however this task will not be able to fit within the scope of the initial Combat Upgrade publish.

What I do not like about this line is, to me, it represents taking a pet, and molding it to a certain type of role as the pet ages. So if you have Gurreck, for instance, it could either get more damage dealing OR more ham and less damage dealing. It does not state we will get more pets, just [i:297cbf99f0]change[/i:297cbf99f0] the way they grow. I would have have a Rancor be a Rancor than have one a tank, one a damage dealer, and so on. I do NOT like that aspect of it. If i want that, I can get a BE pet.
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”