Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Banned for disclosing NDA about CH on SOE (read me)

General site discussion area
velm

Banned for disclosing NDA about CH on SOE (read me)

Postby velm » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:06 pm

Wow, this was neat. Really neat, so there I was, at work, bored. I found this interesting post in the GCW thread on the official forums. Looked a bit long winded, so I looked through it a bit, and came upon a section on professions. I get to the CH profession. Had some nice info. So I cut and pasted it to the CH forum, along with a link to the original thread.
About two hours later, I find out I am banned for the following reason:

You are not allowed to access this site

We're sorry, but you have been banned from using this site.

You have been banned for the following reason:

posting documents under NDA on public forums.

HMM, it was a thread that was posted on the Galactic Civil War forums. I am not part of any testing. Nice. well, for those few out there that saw what I posted. EDIT. EDIT. EDIT. EDIT.

I know Hossp saw the post.
:shock: :shock:

(even though I have NOTHING to do with the curb, and was banned unjustly from the Official forums and caught a glimpse of something I was not supposed to, I will edit out what I remember. All that happened was I was banned from the forums, not the game itself. I can live without the official forums.)
Last edited by velm on Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:45 pm

wait im lost, why did they bann you?
velm

Postby velm » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:15 am

well, there was a post that someone had put out that was part of the curb testing. a post only those people were supposed to see. At the time i saw the post, I did not know it was 'for their eyes only.' It was on the GCW forum. It looked interesting, so I cut and pasted a section that dealt with CH's on the CH forum. About 2 hours later, I was banned.

I have nothing to do with the curb or any other project testing, did not sign any NDA's, or know anybody that is part of any testing.

Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:14 pm

thats BS. its not your fault. you shuold write a letter to them. get one of the devs names or something im sure someone can help u with that its not my place. i know it isnt a big deal but it sure shows how much more of assholes the SWG Devs. are and how retarded SOE is. sry but its the truth otherwise this game would run smoothly. instead of banning you they should have asked you y u did that first and said u did a no no. /slap
hossp

Postby hossp » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:47 am

so that's why you didn't respond to my PM..lol...i don't remember exactly what you posted :roll: /looks over shoulder :roll:

is the ban permanent?..i mean once the crap goes public and everyone wants to leave the game..they should let you back right?
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:37 am

So is anyone going to say what this was actually about?
velm

Postby velm » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:37 am

After three days of playing the game of 'email runaround', they unbanned me from the forums. The most annoying thing about that was that I never got an email saying that I was unbanned, just 'what is your station name and I will unban you' I like the fact that it was taken care fast as soon as I responded to that email. I just find it annoying that I was banned for no reason in the first place.

Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:41 am

Are you going to tell us what it said or not!?!?
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:39 am

Telling what it said would be willingly disclosing info that isn't supposed to be, he could potentially be banned again if any devs ever come here (doubt it, but ya never know).
hossp

Postby hossp » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:01 am

well the information has been released to the public
[url]http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Developers&message.id=63147#M63147[/url]

basiclly all he said was ch was going to be untouched by the curb, and you would need more sp to keep your same template...the release confirms this

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”