Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Reset creature ratings?

General site discussion area

°cs!  °

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2005 10:58 am

Should creature ratings be reset?
80%
Should creature ratings be reset?
20%

Total votes: 10
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reset creature ratings?

Postby Juntao » Wed May 04, 2005 10:58 am

So with the CU, all creatures stats and rarity are changing. Should I reset the creature ratings to allow all new ratings to be established?
Last edited by Juntao on Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:36 am

Question is... What is SOE \"Really\" gonna do?

The whole system is in flux at this point, Smed can say he will stick to his guns and then turn a corner on us.

All the work of researching the \"new\" animals could be for naught, I will do what I can to help nonetheless.
Kelsaka
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby Kelsaka » Thu May 05, 2005 5:57 am

Entering the new levels will be a little annoying but shouldn't take too long. They are doing a balance pass for Dath, Yavin and Lok with today's downtime which I think is the last few planets to be done.

Kel
Kelsaka Rymi - Master Tailor/Master Merchant
Maisaka Rymi - Scout/Master Pistoleer
Jubaal

Postby Jubaal » Thu May 05, 2005 7:51 am

You could always keep the level on the database and rename it and add in a \"New Level\" field. Covered in my post here:

http://www.swgcreatures.com/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1168

This would probably be the most painless method
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu May 05, 2005 2:48 pm

I say yes, but give it a bit before you do. They have clarified that the lack of working specials and visible resistances are bugs, so it might be a good idea to wait until those are functional.
Jubaal

Postby Jubaal » Fri May 06, 2005 9:25 am

Another new field which could be added to creatures on the website is whether they are \"Elite\" or not.

According to the forums ArchiieBarrett on the SWG Forums:

[i:a8e679e47a][color=yellow:a8e679e47a]\"As some of you noticed or learned, some pets are now special or as we call them Elite. You can tell by checking the circle con. around thier level when you click on them, it has a split down the center. The thing about Elite pets is they seem to only be Single spawn creatures like the Great Plains Stalker. I learned this by checking my pets.

The Elite Pets Are As Follows..
Great Plains Stalker - 50
Ikopi Stag - 30
Wild Dune Boar - 50
Malignant Squill - 50
Swamp Stalker - 30
Plains Hunter - 30
Grual Marauder - ?
Blurrg Raptor - 60
Stoneskin Hanadak - 60
Wormed Vorbal - ? (havn't seen one yet but i know they are single spawn only)\"[/color:a8e679e47a][/i:a8e679e47a]

The full thread is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=creature_handler&message.id=226892
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue May 10, 2005 11:47 am

Just as a point of clarification. The ratings reset I refer to only applies to the voting ratings as shown here:

http://www.swgcreatures.com/ratings.asp

Since everything is being mixed around (again) then I'll probably reset everything once the CU is closer to completion and we're more comfortable in thinking that they are done monkeying with our critters.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
velm

Postby velm » Sat May 14, 2005 7:40 pm

1- not sure if it still has babies. would be best to get a ranger to do an examine and see.

2-max lvl for ch is 70, so anything above 70 will stay in the datapad. ONLY way to bring that pet out will be:
-if the max lvl of CH is changed to something higher (doubt it)
-creature lvl is decreased in another publish (more likely than increasing our lvl)
-lastly, a ch creature could be different than the wild one. So, if the wild one is 75, a CH one could be 70. (this one actually makes the most sense)
MCH/Master Scout/ Rifleman 2/2/1/3/ Ranger 0/0/3/0

(actually, i dropped the ranger and became a master rifleman before the NGE)
ranja123

Postby ranja123 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:21 am

The single spawn creatures in my experience (provided they have not been tapped prior) last 3 spawn cycles.

Kill the adult (unless you stumble on the baby, but I think only Hoss can do that...) Wait for the next spawn. The spawn points are typically in different places but the same area, kill adults until the spawn changes.

For me this is almost always a lair group, I can't recall ever getting a single spawn creature.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”