Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Pet levels

General site discussion area
Igagna

Pet levels

Postby Igagna » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:29 pm

I'm pretty tired of the devs limiting the effectivness of Mstr CH. Give us a lev (70) pet with big ham and effective max dam or specials. Better yet just raise that max level to (80). I would have less issue if I could call two lev (40) pets..

I find myself stuck with lower lev pets (45-55 typically) and having to match the max pet levels (70) with an even lower lev pet making the pair considerably less effective. Stick a low level (20) or less with that .. who wants to waste those unused pet levels? :shock: You can pretty much forget calling three pets as none are typically effective and even together they fall fairly quick in combat/pvp.

The profession was nerfed so bad and to distract us from the nerf they added more creatures, but that did little. The (rumored) highest level tameable pet is the bull rancor (lev 65).. and I know people that have been looking for that rare baby spawn on our server since the patch. (none yet).

I'm sure the BEs out there have high level creatures. I have seen BE pets around lev (60) but the penalilties on max dam or specials for that high level make it hardly more effective than a (50 to mid-50) level pet and then.. what do you call next to a lev (60) pet? Not a lot.

Any BEs out there that have cooked up a decent high level pet or have worked with combinations of pets/levels, would love to hear your input.

Iggy :D
Nitsch

Postby Nitsch » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:56 am

I've only been a master BE for a couple weeks, but I can tell you we can make pets that are FAR superiour to any pet found in the wild.

With a bit of time, a skilled BE can basicly make a pet to custom fit what you want. Do you want two level 35 pets with light armor, one with poison and knockdown and the other with disease and dizzy? Your local BE can custom make it for you (or might have some in stock). Or do you want 1 level 65 gnort that would kick a rancor's butt?

With the last patch, they made it so that any serious CH really needs a few good BE pets in their arsenal. The only real downside to BE pets is that they have a lower selection of body types than can be found in the wild. But they can customize any of their body types into almost infinate variation.
Kung Fu Animal Proctologist

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”