Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Creature Attacking

General site discussion area
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:00 pm

I have one hotkey {F7} set up with this macro:

/tellpet attack (or whatever you have trained your pet to recognize as the attack command. It has to be at least 2 letters. /tellpet doesn't recognize single letter commands)

I have a second hotkey {F8} set up with this one:

/tellpet follow (or whatever you have trained your pet to recognize as the follow command.)

When I am fighting, I hit F7 and my pet attacks whatever I have targeted.

If I need my pet to pull off my target and go tank something else, I target whatever I want him to go tank then hit F8 and F7 to make him change targets. It is not always possible to get your pet to change targets. It seems to depend on your pets' aggression level and the amount of hate generated between your pet and the mob it is fighting. Also note that I stay scrolled out in third-person so targeting is easier. Using the tab key to target is helpful too, but can lead to disasterous results if you accidently send your pet after the wrong mob (hello Akxua Min, LOL...)

The /tellpet command reaches your pet further than just shouting spatially, and it is a lot less obnoxious to your group who really get tired of seeing you yell 'at' every fight :P

As far as the fastest way to CH mastery, well... it's not a fast track profession. It is a horribly slow, agonizing grind to those who do not enjoy it. However, it is the most fun you can have in this game if you do enjoy it. It is rarely a grind when you can stay excited about finding that one special creature, or planning a strategy on the fly to get that baby graul marauder out from under its parents without getting crushed in the process. If running around in the woods, usually alone, for hour upon hour, looking for a baby bull rancor (2 years+ as a CH and I still don't have one!) is more thrilling than frustrating to you, than CH might be just the thing you're looking for.

It is slow, no matter how efficient you are. It will take you a long time and a lot of tame 'n' trains to level up. Whether it's worth the investment is the choice that we all have had to make. I can tell you one thing. You would be very hard pressed to find a master CH who isn't extremely proud of his or her accomplishment. CH mastery is a well-earned reward...
One tame at a time :)
Ekawoo

Postby Ekawoo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Great reply Zurlaboo, especially to the \"quickest way to Master CH\" question that we all get. I've gotten to the point where I tell them \"if you don't enjoy the journey, you won't enjoy the destination\".
CH'ers are a different breed in this game, mostly loners and very didicated to the profession. It's amazing to me that we can get so attached to those toon pets, but they grow on you and become 'real'. Hunting with one of your favorites is the best part of this game. For all the flak the dev's took, SWG with all the broken stuff, is still better than anything else out there!
Long live the CH profession!!!

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”