Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

What Value Do We Enter For Health?

General site discussion area
eklo

What Value Do We Enter For Health?

Postby eklo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:29 am

What numerical value should we enter for a critter's health, baby health or adult health? So far, it looks like baby health is consistant. But, adult health often varies by a significant amount, among individuals of the same species.

I think I just answered my own question, but I don't want to take a chance of getting it wrong.
Emaa
Starsider
Master Creature Handler / Master Ranger / Cu pa Handler #3
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:27 pm

Hrm... well, I would think and approximation for adult health would be the most helpful.
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
eklo

Postby eklo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:52 pm

These days, babies are as healthy as they are going to get. They don't get any stronger as they grow. I think I was looking at bolmas, when I notice that the baby's health was 5915, while the health of the adults in that lair varied between 5522 and 6392.

Because I have a Creature Handler's perspective, I would just as soon see the baby's health be recorded. That is the health of the animal that I'm actually going to use. But, I realize there are multiple ways of looking at the issue. That's why I was concerned.

For the numbers that I happened to record, (it was not a statistically valid sample) the baby health falls near the middle of the range of adult health.
Emaa

Starsider

Master Creature Handler / Master Ranger / Cu pa Handler #3
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:25 pm

I always enter a baby's health if one is available. If all I have are adults to go by, I try to figure out a rough average and round to the nearest multiple of 100 so that it is more obvious it is not exact.

Adult health is about a 10% varience of a base amount, which happens to be the same as what babies spawn with. (Prior to Publish 21, I always entered a baby's health * 10 for the same reason.) As Eklo says, we're most interested in babies as well, so for both reason I think this gives us the best number to go by.
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:48 am

I've always entered the babies' info as well, if they have babies of course. If not I'll just leave it blank until I can find enough to get an idea of what the average is.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”