Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

A thanks and fare the well all CH's & BE's

General site discussion area
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

A thanks and fare the well all CH's & BE's

Postby Juntao » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:42 pm

I know my presence in SWG has been sparce for several months now, but I always intended to keep up with the game and enjoy it fully again someday. Alas, it looks like that is not to be.

I had played SWG since open beta and early on fell in love with the Creature Handler profession. It quickly became apparent that there needed to be a central repository of information where all CH's could find out about various creatures in the game to best build their stable of pets.

Thus swgcreatures.com was born. I spent many many hours building the site up. Adding little features here and there as the need arose or was requested. And the CH's came. By the hundreds! The community really came together to flesh out all the data on every creature in the game.

The number of man hours that have been spent on either creating the site or entering data is unimaginable. And for that, I must thank all of you who helped. From those who religously entered and verified data on many many creatures, to those who simply helped out with CH questions here on the forums, I am very greatful to each of you. It is because of you that swgcreatures.com grew to become such a useful tool.

While the removal of CH and BE from the game has all but destroyed any need for the site, it will live on. I am not really sure in what capacity, and possibly nothing more than as a memorial for a very fun and very close knit community, but it will hoipefully always be here as a haven for those who want to come and reminisce about their days as a creature handler.

For now, my accounts are closed and I have no intentions of picking SWG up again. You can find me from time to time playing in WOW as Juntao the Hunter on US - Bloodscalp (Horde). And there is also a wowcreatures.com but it is sorely neglected at the moment (not nearly as useful as SWGC is).

Thank you all for participating and who knows, perhaps we'll meet again in another world!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:13 pm

I just found the WoWCreatures site since I picked up the game last week.

I promised my sweetheart that I wouldn't go as crazy with taming there, but that still leaves me lots of room to maneuver. ;) Barring that constraint, I will contribute as I can. Hopefully I can make a sizable dent in the database there as well. :)
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:18 pm

WoWcreatures has been on hold for a while now. It's not even very functional as it currently stands. I hope to have some time to devote to it soon. We'll see...
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”