Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

DISEASE AND POISON QUESTION

General site discussion area
ForceAssassin

DISEASE AND POISON QUESTION

Postby ForceAssassin » Sat May 15, 2004 8:00 pm

I know its possible to get more levels of poison (its happened to my toon more than once). Does poison from our pets also stack up? For instance, I was thinking about BEing 3 lvl 23 anglers and spamming their strong poison attack, will the effects stack? or... does each level of sustaining poison take you from mild up the tree to strong so it stops at 110? Would be good to know before I waste my time. Thx

Try and make your responses [b:8b19616f01]clear[/b:8b19616f01], my whole template is ridin on this. My thought was... Kamurith Snapper DNA for their Strong Disease, Arachne Queen DNA for Strong Poison, Breed em down to 23, 23, 24, and have 3 spiders spammin disease and poison (if they stack, of course). If I did this, I figure I could reduce their combat dmg to something ridiculously low (use diseased nuna dna, etc) and just use their special attacks to stack dots on them. I bet if I got melee dmg down to like 10-20 it would affect my Clvl enough to have decent resists or even armor on my little spiders. Any thoughts?

-Thanks ahead of time for the advice. I'm new here and I already love this site. Its nice to see what happens when intelligent people get together and throw ideas around.

-ForceAssassin (character is Arachnida on Bloodfin, 4 days old and already Medic 0004, Master Scout, Brawler 4000, Bio Engineer 2243, and CH 2111) havin a blast. Thanks guys.

=Force Assassin
~Nunc lento sonitu, dicunt, morieris.~
brandyaddict

Postby brandyaddict » Mon May 17, 2004 9:02 am

im 97.6 percent sure that strong poisons dont stack, but strong poison, mild poison, and weak poison do stack. same with diseases

have fun!
Rebel Staff Sergeant Wroro Eho
Intrepid
Master of Melee :)
Corporal of DARK Decay
lover of wicked swords and fine women :P
ForceAssassin

Postby ForceAssassin » Mon May 17, 2004 10:46 pm

so what you mean to say is that strong poison doesn't, but medium and lower does? is that a bug perhaps? is it the same with disease? is there an effective cap to the amount of DoT that can be applied with creatures? It seems odd that a creature with medium poison/disease would be more powerful than one with strong.

can someone confirm this for me?

THANKS!
-ForceAsssassin
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Tue May 18, 2004 12:14 am

I think what he meant was that one Strong Poison, one Medium Poison and one Mild Poison would stack on each other, but not two Strong Poison attacks by one pet.

I am pretty sure he is right about two Strong Poison attacks from one of your pet do not stack; however, I believe two separate Strong Poison attacks do stack if they were from two different pets. And I think thats what you would like to do. Three pets attacking with their own Strong Poison attacks should give you three DOT.

I am not sure about Strong Disease though as people say that the DOT damage from Strong Disease is not that great. Maybe three pets with Strong Poison as their SP1 and Dizzy, Stun, Blind as their SP2 would work better?

Just my 2 cents.
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]
[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]
brandyaddict

Postby brandyaddict » Tue May 18, 2004 8:30 am

exactly what i meant :D
Rebel Staff Sergeant Wroro Eho

Intrepid

Master of Melee :)

Corporal of DARK Decay

lover of wicked swords and fine women :P
ForceAssassin

Postby ForceAssassin » Tue May 18, 2004 9:43 am

Thanks SOOO much for the clarification. Now that I'm getting some answers... lemme build on my idea, and preface a few more questions.

Look at [url]http://www.swgcreatures.com/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=72
to see what we know so far about special attacks...

First, the questions:

1- Does poison/disease from specific creatures target a particular pool?
(I notice for example, bull rancors have mind disease and the snakes on naboo almost always poison health.)

2- How much dmg does a disease DoT do at the different lvls? Is there a range, does it depend on the creature (i.e. do specific creatures have a multiplier for their disease DoT?)

3-I was reading about that whole open wounds entry for causing bleeds on a target... does that mean that bleed dmg is equal to the amount of wounds a creature has?

4-Are attacks like the Arachne Poison Spray stackable with normal Strong Poison? It seems like every different lvl/type of poison will overlap, so it seems it would, but I have to ask.

Given the consideration that random dmg assignment is 1/6 mind 2/6 action and 3/6 health (i.e. if a standard attack hits there is a 50% chance it hits the health pool, a 33% chance it hits action, and a 17% chance it hits mind).. and poison/disease follows that same trend in its variance to pool dmg.. it would seem like you have a good chance to nail a target's health with disease and poison. Especially with multiple instances.

So instead of your recommendation with the status changes... how about
Special 1-Strong Poison
Special 2-Medium Poison
-or-
Special 1-Strong Poison
Special 2-Poison Spray (like our friend the Arachne Queen in the wild)
-or-
Special 1-Strong Poison
Special 2-Strong Disease
-or maybe even-
Special 1-Strong Poison
Special 2-Bleed

Think of it this way.. 3 pets, total of six specials that will stack, lets say we go with my first example..
Str poison 110 x 3 = 330 every 15 seconds
Med poison 90 x 3 = 270 every 15 seconds

That's 600 poison on a DoT, not too bad..

Lastly... and this is the fun part when you think about it....
Lets say I have NINE of these bio engineered spiders in my datapad, and I cycle them on a big mob while someone tanks, applying poison, shouting the follow command, and store/calling from one set of three to the next... I could apply three 600 DoTs, 1800 dmg every 15 seconds, then pull out the Arachne queen by herself to finish the mob off, and add another 110 dot and a poison spray dot... resulting in what would prolly be about 2.3k dmg DoT... as effective as just attacking it? who knows, fun? HECK YA!

Anyhow, I could really use some community input on this one since I created a brand new character just for the sole purpose of CH/BE, and I themed her completely after spiders (her name is Arachnida, she wears chitin, I messed with the Mon Cal look till she looked spiderish, etc). I'm real excited about trying out a BE CH combo, breeding my own pets should be a blast. I'm open to any suggestions whatsoever you guys can toss at me... I'm kinda looking to be the Creature Handler version of a combat medic, lol. Hopefully, I'll get my questions answered and we'll all be a little clearer on what some of these special attacks do.

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME FOR YOUR RESPONSES,

-Force Assassin

Arachnida, Bloodfin, BE CH and Ranger
Mephistopheles, Corbantis, Master Bounty Hunter and Ranger[/url]
ForceAssassin

Postby ForceAssassin » Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 am

DARN, sorry about that URL formattin, forgot to close it up at the end. My bad.
-FA
ForceAssassin

Postby ForceAssassin » Tue May 18, 2004 9:55 am

LOL, god, I'm writin a book, but one last thing..

Question 5-
what if the second special attack was also a strong poison?
sp1 st poison
sp2 st poison
will they stack from one creature if the specials have different designations? I know you can get past the knockdown timer this way.. perhaps it works on poison too?

let me know, I'm counting on you guys,
-FA
ForceAssassin

Postby ForceAssassin » Thu May 20, 2004 11:31 am

C'mon guys, help me out.....

-FA
Nytar

Postby Nytar » Thu May 20, 2004 12:17 pm

I cannot help you much, but I hope the following helps a bit.

1- Does poison/disease from specific creatures target a particular pool?
(I notice for example, bull rancors have mind disease and the snakes on naboo almost always poison health.)

:arrow: I dunno.

2- How much dmg does a disease DoT do at the different lvls? Is there a range, does it depend on the creature (i.e. do specific creatures have a multiplier for their disease DoT?)

:arrow: The only thing I know off hand is
Strong Poison = around 110
mild disease = 1

3-I was reading about that whole open wounds entry for causing bleeds on a target... does that mean that bleed dmg is equal to the amount of wounds a creature has?

:arrow: Dunno much about bleed, but I know bleed attacks do not stick to BE pets.

4-Are attacks like the Arachne Poison Spray stackable with normal Strong Poison? It seems like every different lvl/type of poison will overlap, so it seems it would, but I have to ask.

:arrow: Area attacks do not stick to BE pets either... But I think they do stack with regular poison if its done by a wild pet.

:arrow: As for cycling pets, you cannot store a pet for 50 or so seconds after it goes into a battle. So if you command a pet to attack using a poison then you have to stop the pet from attacking by maybe issueing a command to \"follow\". THEN wait for about a minute (during that time your pet cannot go into battle or your clock resets). THEN you can finally store your pet. Now if you want to call another pet, you can call it, but you have to wait for 15 sec before the pet actually comes out of your datapad...

Question 5-
what if the second special attack was also a strong poison?
sp1 st poison
sp2 st poison
will they stack from one creature if the specials have different designations? I know you can get past the knockdown timer this way.. perhaps it works on poison too?

:arrow: I am not sure...
[color=#33CCFF:b375b202e1] Nyter:Genetics[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CCCC:b375b202e1] Tempest[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC99:b375b202e1] Naboo, Edoras[/color:b375b202e1]

[color=#33CC66:b375b202e1] 6228 -4316[/color:b375b202e1]

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”