Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

what animals give wooly hide in large portions

General site discussion area
drota

what animals give wooly hide in large portions

Postby drota » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:41 am

I badly need wooly hide in very big portions, what animals have wooly hide on tat or lok, can any1 help me ?[/b]
KristArmain

Postby KristArmain » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:43 pm

Nothing on Lok has wooly in large proportions, best you'll find to my knowledge is langlatch marauders, but langlatch lairs are your best bet on lok, on the bright side you can clear through these lairs fast because they are weak. On Tat, banthas are your best bet, the more powerful the better for hide generally. When we go wooly hunting on Tat, we generally get in a solo group (increases spawn per lair more than the group harvest disadvantage generally) and then get Bantha Matriarch missions.
Electro

Postby Electro » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:46 pm

There really isn't a way to get large quantities from Lok or Tatooine easily. The best places to get wooly hide are Rori, killing Tortons (missions for ravenous tortons are 10k), Dantooine killing Huurtons or Thune (thune's are 18k missions, there are various huurton mission costs), or Endor killing either Gurreks or Mantigrues (there are all kinds of gurrek missions, and some high paying Mantigrue missions as well).
KristArmain

Postby KristArmain » Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:49 pm

I agree with Electro (unless you're looking for a specific type of wooly which I suspect) with a couple exceptions, don't do Thune lairs, they are broken so you can't harvest the high level ones, and Mantigrue are a pain in the ass. The best source for wooly I've seen is Huurton Stalkers on Dant. But I have yet to try Gurrecks.
Jaede

Postby Jaede » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:00 am

gurrecks are a good hunt,fairly easy and good yields,current quality on Bria is over 800.and just a lil hint master archies love endorian woolly hide and dathomire leathery hide:)
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:37 pm

There's a langlatch cave on Naboo (listed in your POI) Don't know the drop rate, but there would certainly be enough mobs in there to add up. Looks like solid red dots on the radar (unless it's been recently cleared)
kryxal

Postby kryxal » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:08 pm

I doubt this would work. I tried heading to the pygmy torton cave for easy-to-find sources of meat, and found they gave next to none. The devs probably anticipated this tactic.
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:37 pm

Yup, you're right. I went to the narglatch cave and cleared it. Averaged 1 unit of wooly hide per kill. Ouch!
One tame at a time :)
Gath

Postby Gath » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:42 am

Doesnt Narglatches give Bristley hide, not wooly?
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:23 am

Screech!

Rewind...

You're right, they do :) Thanks for the correction *blush*
One tame at a time :)

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”