Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

pls store your pet...

General site discussion area
Ykamon

pls store your pet...

Postby Ykamon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:19 am

hello people

at first im really glad to have found this site! pure and only CH stuff! wonderful!

and now i need to bare my soul... :cry:

yesterday i had one of these nice confrontations with an other player (non-CH). i was waiting for shuttle at coro starport having my kimogila out. other players pet him all the time he was always laying down, standing up, laying down...and so on. people had fun with him ;)
suddenly one player said \"what about storing that pet?\" nothing else.
i asked him why. he told me \"because it causes lag\". i told him back \"may be lag is about the 2 jedis fighting over there and the other 25 people standing around here?\" it was really crowded. was rushhour. his answer: \"what you think is not interesting ,noob\"
hm. is that necessary? i had a big discussion with him after this in private chat. he told me things like: \"im on this server since beta and i dont need your lecture of how to behave on this server! why dont you store your pet and say sorry?\" he was really pissed....btw me too. but do i need to excuse that im a CH??? :shock:
why cant CHs and non-CHs live together in a polite way??? if he had asked me \"could you pls store your pet i got some lag here?\" then i would do him that pleasure. but that anonymous way he did it i felt constrained to confrontation. and other people had fun with my kimo they didnt complain about lag.

but now enough... i was really frustrated yesterday. he spoiled me the party of CH and it has to come out.
i thank you for reading and your patience. hope not to annoy you with that topic i know im not the only one who has had such experiences.

so i wish all CHs out there a nice day and a joyfull game without nasty players. :wink:

for my person i will take more attention on my behaviour in future. may be i can prevent such blaming at eachother....
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:44 am

I agree, it's all in the way they ask. I have 2 perleks and must admit that they make way too much noise flapping their wings so I rarely use them. My krahbu is extremely loud in a fight and I often have to apologize for the noise. I was asked politely on one occasion to store my perlek and was more than happy to oblige him. Don't let those people get you down, I don't care how long they have been playing...rude is rude and you get catch more flies with honey !
Ykamon

Postby Ykamon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:57 am

dear xanth

thank you very much for your consolitary words. its good to know that other people think the same way and have had the same experiences.

have fun with your \"unwelcome\" but awesome creatures :)

greets
Ykamon
Domain

Postby Domain » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:10 pm

I think he only was jelous on you since youre kimo took all the peoples eyes from his fully buffed ass in compo. :P

I love people showing thiere creatures off makes the wait at shuttle more fun then the regular read everyones bio and see how big e-peen they have (read how many they killed)
Domain Egea - Europe Farstar
Teras Kasi Master
Master Bio-Engineer
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:12 pm

I was waiting in Coronet Starport once. Somebody pulled out their dewbie mount and started walking around on him. Probably had just bought him and wanted to see what it was like to ride him (and maybe show him off a little hehe). Someone else pulled out their mount and started playfully 'chasing' the dewbie. Before long, six of us had our mounts out and were racing around the perimeter of the starport.

One person started with the \"put those pets away, too much lag' stuff. You could feel that he was waiting for other people to concur with him, but instead, they rallied around us and starting pretending that it was 'creature drag racing' time at Coronet Starport.

We had a lot of fun waiting for the shuttle. Except for the one guy who went and opened his nasty mouth. I'm pretty sure that he felt pretty stupid when nobody backed him up.

Yes, the jerks are out there and , yes, they can make the game less enjoyable. But in my experience, there are 20 nice people for every 1 jerk. Maybe those 20 people are the ones who merit our attention and friendship.

Also remember, /addignore is your friend :) Many times the jerks are also the ones who like to goad people into dueling them by trash talking them mercilessly. They thrive on confrontation. Seeing a kimo in the Coronet Starport makes you an instant target for these predators. And face it, most of us who follow the path of CH aren't playing the game so we can cock strut around in our 80% comp.

I have no trouble ignoring the jerks and talking to the ones who pet and play with my pets. They are the ones who have earned a bit of my time :)
One tame at a time :)
mini-me

Postby mini-me » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:41 pm

ch is a special breed of player, most of us dont care about being these uber pvpers, thus we are thought of as week, and worthless. We find enjoyment in the things they take for granted, I for one about craped my pants the first time I saw a kimo in town, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Mini-me
Lowca Galaxy
Master Rifle
Training CH
tka 4000
Ykamon

Postby Ykamon » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:04 pm

thanks guys you speak out of my soul

i spent a lot of time out of the city. get a buff first and then drive out and look what happens. just enjoy new country sides and new creatures what i havnt seen yet (may be i can tame them if not i kill them with tka before they kill me ;)). im not one of the guys who gets really mad if someone fights my lair/my mission. let him go on. im not there for hunting credits or xp that dogged other players do. i wanna have fun in this game, enjoy my pets and show them off sometime. some people do take this game overearnest. but i think thats what RL is already. so in SWG i wanna have fun with people. and that what i agree with mini-me and zurlaboo. CH are more relaxed than other players.

thanks guys for being out there.

have fun in this game!

:) Ykamon
summoner

Postby summoner » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:09 am

If some1 say anything bad abovt your creatures I duel him and kill him with my kimo. Asking to store is like trowing you out of party! Ch and our pets are even more important then we are! So duel him if he have problems and kill him with kimo! :twisted:
I would die for Glaxies,but i am better in killing for it!
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:46 am

No one really ever asks me to store as long as im there, but i alotta times i take out my malklok and have him patrol the starport :D then i get tons of /tells asking me to store
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:54 am

Thanks for the tip..hehe..I went out and tamed a Malklok (Malkloc) last night. Pretty big pet :D

almost forgot, these kinds of pets should be less of a problem to people after Pub 10 is live. There is a new option to disable the screen shakes that the big pets tend to make when walking.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”