Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

pls store your pet...

General site discussion area
Juicer

Postby Juicer » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:47 am

ohhhh good i hope theres one to stop the screenshakes when they die too :)
Get a free iPod at http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14941952 (not a scam)
Electro

Postby Electro » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:37 pm

This is exactly the reason I have no big pets. My biggest is a BE Sharnaff, just because they look so cool. That way, if I have my little guys out, no one can complain that they are blocking peoples view or causing lag.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:16 pm

Well, I personally would never pull a kimo out at a starport (if I had one), but if he's out of the way I would never complain.

One [i:0edec55f93]HUGE[/i:0edec55f93] misconception a lot of players have is that our pets cause lag. A pet consists of its model, a color texture, some animations and its current state.

A single player on the other hand has all of these. On top of this, you have species, six or so facial characteristics, body size, musculature and torso, hair, colors for skin and hair plus another half a dozen species-specific attributes.

We haven't even gotten to equipment... Shirt, pants, jacket, boots, two visible jewelry slots, a necklace and hat. There are tons of clothing options with many capable of having two colors our of a 255 color palette. Then you have weapons and nine-piece suits of armor also with color palettes.

If I was capable of pulling my entire datapad out, then maybe, just maybe, my pets would cause the same lag having one other person around would.
vaanbuzz

Postby vaanbuzz » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:49 pm

It is amazing how the most annoying thing, or the reason for someone being jealous ends up being laggy. Lag is caused by high denisty of models and texture., and mostly iit only on the users side. The \"I have been here for so long and have done this and this\" line is a load of BS to inflate thier own ego and make them seem important, half the time it is untrue, or exaggerated.

If they ask nicely, do so. If they are whining, or you have support of others around you, /addignore. Worse they can do is report to a CSR and have the CSR laugh at them.

tho i do have a problem when people leave thier big pets out, and the owner isn't around. Seems more like a \"Look i got a big pet, should make me special and important.\" one CH left his rancor in the starport and it kept on getting 'squished' by the transport
Ice cream makes machines work better, especially computers, SPOON IT RIGHT IN!\"
Gath

Postby Gath » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:30 pm

Being able to remove the shaking is something I wanted as soon as I first tamed a Fambaa. Was my best pet but kept getting motion sick ;)

And then a couple weeks ago I was given a L40 BE Fambaa with light armor and good resists.. Needless to say, I got over the motion sickness ;)

If someone told me my pet is causing lag Id just laugh at them. And if they insist Id probably ask them to run along and remove their hair cause the hair model is causing lag for me.. (its about as likely, graphics lag is caused by details, not large things and network lag is caused by moving about, not animations, their local.)

Ignore is really (unfortunately) necessary in MMORPG's though..
ZANDRAMADAS

Postby ZANDRAMADAS » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:52 am

Well, i'm a new CH (welcome all) i've not run across ANYONE yet who has been anything but helpful .But i know they are out there. i agree though, the pets wouldnt cause the lag. as for other player, most of the people i've found want me to get them \"lesser dewbacks\" for mounts. i helped them get some (i don't even have 1 yet LOL) and Bam, now the guys and gals find ME when i'm online, even switching planets, helping me look for babies, and we all use our pets (even the non-ch's, i gave everyone 2 pets). we all really have a ball. i think CH is the best profession going. makes this 34 year old feel like a kid LOL.
My suggestion is to agree with a few above, if someone ask you to put your pet up, ask them to remove their Armor(which i doubt they would do) it would be the source of lag more than the pet. Enjoy all.

ZANDRAMADAS
Novice CH/Novice Rifleman
corbantis
ZANDRAMADAS
Master Scout/Creature Handler/Rifleman/Ranger
Corbantis server
Rare Tames =Jundland Eopie
Seffy

Postby Seffy » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:58 am

Gotta agree with the comments about Ch's (we are a special kinda person!)

I love playing the game jus for the pets :D

p.s. glad i'm not the only 34 yr old kid playing this game LOL
I'm against animal testing, they get all nervous and give all the wrong answers ...

SethoS Doomcrafter
Europe-Chimaera

www.doomcraft.com
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:36 am

Looks like we need a mid thirties club :) 36 here :D
[color=#808080:2abc8f5b72]X[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#999999:2abc8f5b72]a[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#B2B2B2:2abc8f5b72]n[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#CCCCCC:2abc8f5b72]�t[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#FFFFFF:2abc8f5b72]h[/color:2abc8f5b72] Master Creature Handler - Kauri
Formerly of Kauri Galactic CH Guild [color=red:2abc8f5b72]<Beast>[/color:2abc8f5b72]
Zurlaboo

Postby Zurlaboo » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:01 pm

You're all just a bunch of kids... *chuckle*
One tame at a time :)
Eltheria

Re:

Postby Eltheria » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:55 pm

[quote:0a1b7c2d08=\"Xanth\"]Looks like we need a mid thirties club :) 36 here :D[/quote:0a1b7c2d08]

ditto! :D

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”