Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Mount Speeds (?)

General site discussion area
Pyromage88

Mount Speeds (?)

Postby Pyromage88 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:50 pm

[quote:234a1dda6e=\"Iakimo\"]Most mounts' default speed is a gentle lope.
Of the mountable pets, my observation is that kaadus and carrion spats are tied for fastest mount, while dewbacks and humbabas are in the middle and banthas bring up the rear. I have yet to put a giant carrion spat up head-to-head with any of those, though.[/quote:234a1dda6e]

Thats all I have found so far relating to the speed of mounts, but currently there are 9 mountable creatures (brackaset, bol, dewback, humbaba, bantha, falumpaset, cu pa, carrion spat, kaadu; according to the database here), and 25 if you count the different variants.

My questions are:
Do different variants of creatures travel at different speeds?
Does anyone know the speeds of each creature, or at least a comparison of which ones are faster than others? (or know where to find one?)
Incurian Scyth <RMC> of Naritus
Master Pistoleer
Ranger
Creature Handler
Medic
Xanth

Postby Xanth » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:18 pm

It's been my experience that the Skins of the creature determine the speed, so that all varients will have the same speed of a given species. Nobody has done speed trials, but I've heard it suggested that somebody could run one of the swoop tracks as a baseline. I'd be interested in seeing the results of this kind of test both at normal and gallop speeds. From what I've heard or seen I would say that the 2 legged mounts are the fastest (Spats, Kaadu, Cupa) with the smaller 4 legged ones (bol, dewback) being next and followed up by the larger 4 legged ones last (Bantha, Brackasets etc)
[color=#808080:2abc8f5b72]X[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#999999:2abc8f5b72]a[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#B2B2B2:2abc8f5b72]n[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#CCCCCC:2abc8f5b72]�t[/color:2abc8f5b72][color=#FFFFFF:2abc8f5b72]h[/color:2abc8f5b72] Master Creature Handler - Kauri
Formerly of Kauri Galactic CH Guild [color=red:2abc8f5b72]<Beast>[/color:2abc8f5b72]
Habakkuk

Postby Habakkuk » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:24 pm

How about the mount that runs the farthest. I was thinking about this after noticing that the Cu Pa ran alot longer that the Giant Spat. Now I haven't done any other test with other mounts so I wouldn't be able to make a chart, but I was woundering in anyone else had thoughts on this.
-May the fun be with you...always.-
hossp

Re:

Postby hossp » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:31 pm

[quote:bf0eec3f2b=\"Xanth\"]It's been my experience that the Skins of the creature determine the speed, so that all varients will have the same speed of a given species. Nobody has done speed trials, but I've heard it suggested that somebody could run one of the swoop tracks as a baseline. I'd be interested in seeing the results of this kind of test both at normal and gallop speeds. From what I've heard or seen I would say that the 2 legged mounts are the fastest (Spats, Kaadu, Cupa) with the smaller 4 legged ones (bol, dewback) being next and followed up by the larger 4 legged ones last (Bantha, Brackasets etc)[/quote:bf0eec3f2b]

we could st it up like a horse racing track..take bets..get little rodian jokeys,,hehe

seriously i agree, but the cupa is a different skin than the birds and has shorter lega. the cupa is the same skin as the kwi and blurrg..and i believe is slower than both the birds and the dewback skin
Jubaal

Postby Jubaal » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:15 am

Did anybody find out the speeds of the mounts in order?

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”