Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Bio Pet Question

General site discussion area
ma-OT

Bio Pet Question

Postby ma-OT » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:41 pm

Im currently a cl 47 ch. Last night a friend sold me a 36 rancor that has 57% kinetic 10k HAM and hits for 400 - 440. Currently I'm using Grauls which have 85% of those stats BUT are much much worse tanks than the rancor bio pet. However when using the rancor killing enraged rancors the ch exp for each kill is only 450.. When using one of the grauls the exp is 1200 for each enraged rancor killed...

my question is this.. Is the experience less on the bio rancor because he's a bio pet or will a level 50 rancor yield less exp than a graul when killing enraged rancors?
hossp

Postby hossp » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:00 pm

i think in a nutshell you get less points for using a better pet, regardless of wild or be
Tharbacca

Postby Tharbacca » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:05 pm

I think thats not entirely true...I get better xp when I use my Razor Cat with 5600 HAM (Currently) then when I use my Slice Hound (1700 HAM).

I guess that it changes.
Yvesof

Postby Yvesof » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:50 pm

I was always under the impression that CH xp was based on the creatures CL.
Yvesof Tabec
Master Bio-Engineer/Carbineer/CH
Resident of Minerva, Naboo
Valcyn Server
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 am

It is, and I've experimented with this.

The CH XP best comes in when the creature your using is half of the creature your fighting's level. For example, my BE Razor Cat (level 25 or so) had 9200 HAM, and it got 1400 xp per enraged rancor.

If the pet's level is lower than half, then the XP begins to decrease. If the pet's level is above half, it also begins to decrease. And if the pet's level surpasses the creature you are fighting by more than half, it turns to only 1 xp per kill.

All XP is based on the level of the pet, and the creature you're fighting's level. That's why it's cool to be ranger and CH so you can see the creature's level when you examine it (or maybe master scout gets that) but anyway's it's nice to know.

Return to “SWG Creatures General Discussion”