Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Creature Models

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Ness_Gorath

Creature Models

Postby Ness_Gorath » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:14 pm

*Archiie Barrett models his new outfit

I noticed that there are a certain number of creature models. For instance Take the Guurcat model. On each planet they give a different name and it varies in size or color yet it looks exactly the same. For the guurcat.. on corellia its a guurcat small redish orange the swamp guurcat is a whitish grey, then on naboo and rori its a tusk cat that breaks down to swamp tusk cats and plains tusk cats each kind is a different color. Then there is the rare model of the guurcat the swamp stalker.... same for the razorcat model. there is the razor cat and its vareties on corellia then the great plains stalker is the rare... then on tlaus its a sludge panther and the rare is the mire murauder. goes for ALOT of creatures.. even if they dont look the same u can tell they are the same model by its tricks like tortons and fambas and malcoks do the same tricks and then thunes and huf duns its a pattern. each model has a type of model that can be bio engineer made. like humbabas and falumpasets are the same but the falumpaset is the mount for BE. i thought it would be cool if u made models going by the BE makable models like for the skreej warrior elite at the top it says Squill model another thing i was wondering is the new creatures on kashyyk? Are they gunna be new creatures or just different creatures made by the same models as the creatures we have now. I hope if its that they make a tamable Pharple model thats like level 34
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:46 am

Man bro, use grammer. That was a pain to try and read through lol. Anyways I'm pretty sure ALL of the new creatures on Kashyyyk will be new models, because it's an expansion pack, and people do not want to pay more money for some recolored and renamed animals. So I can pretty much assure you that Kashyyyk will be completely different.
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:45 pm

sorry lol. I was in a rush, I had a Doc apointment and wanted to finish my thought first. But i type fast and dont look back so i usually spell bad...

You think they will be all new? I am sure some will, But knowing the devs we will probably have something like a skreej or something with a different name that stands 30 feet tall lol
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:26 am

Well they said 10 NEW creatures on the planet, but I doubt that the planet would only have 10 creatures total, so I'm sure they'll also have some variations thrown in as well.
Ness_Gorath

Re:

Postby Ness_Gorath » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:51 pm

[quote=\"Rydenn\"]Well they said 10 NEW creatures on the planet, but I doubt that the planet would only have 10 creatures total, so I'm sure they'll also have some variations thrown in as well.[/quote]

Here is a Link about the 10 new creatures I got from the Galaxies web. It has a Pic of each one except the bantha and they say the first one, the large lizard, is gunna be mountable.... hmm THEY ALL LOOK LIKE OLD MODELS WITH NEW SKINS! I TOLD YA SO. Another spider, I see a Kimo/krayt model a giant langlatch style model small vur vur things hanadak just look and you tell me if they look new... Model wise

http://pc.ign.com/articles/601/601735p1.html?fromint=1
hossp

Postby hossp » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:23 pm

they are existing meshes, with different skins..the big lizard looks like a kimo/krayt mesh, i also see kliknik/merek meshes, gaping spider meshes, and hadanak/gurk meshes..nice work on the skins, but somthing new would have been nice
Rydenn

Postby Rydenn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:34 pm

You guys obviously don't understand how modeling/skinning works. None of these are the same meshes as creatures we've already seen. It looks like some may have the same KEYFRAMES (or animations) as creatures we have seen before. But these are definetely new models, with new skins. Just by looking at these creatures you can't tell me they even closely resemble things we've seen before. The SKIN is only the texture of the creature, the mesh, or model, is the SHAPE. The Keyframe is the animation (how it walks/attacks/sits ect)

So in other words, None of these are the same meshes as things we've seen before.

I'll give you an example of what is, though.

Gurrcat and Swamp Stalker (Same mesh, different skin)

However, Krayt Dragons and Kimogilas are different models and skins, they just have the same KEYFRAMES (or animations)
Ness_Gorath

Postby Ness_Gorath » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:11 am

LOL we got another one whos brain-washed by the DEVS. I am very excoted about having the New creatures. What i ment was yes, I want to see new animations or whatever. I dont want to see a cat like creature doing handstands like my swamp stalkers or my monkey creature doing backflips. I want to see something totally new. These are the first (true) new creatures they added to the game and i was expecting something complely different and really worth adding to my collection. but hey, you never know, the devs might suprise us with something new. then again the only suprises the devs ever showed me always made me say \"OH GREAT, NOW IM WEAKER, and there is a noob with a great plains stalker..\" but thats me.
hossp

Re:

Postby hossp » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:12 pm

[quote:77ec787490=\"Rydenn\"]You guys obviously don't understand how modeling/skinning works. None of these are the same meshes as creatures we've already seen. It looks like some may have the same KEYFRAMES (or animations) as creatures we have seen before. But these are definetely new models, with new skins. Just by looking at these creatures you can't tell me they even closely resemble things we've seen before. The SKIN is only the texture of the creature, the mesh, or model, is the SHAPE. The Keyframe is the animation (how it walks/attacks/sits ect)

So in other words, None of these are the same meshes as things we've seen before.

I'll give you an example of what is, though.

Gurrcat and Swamp Stalker (Same mesh, different skin)

However, Krayt Dragons and Kimogilas are different models and skins, they just have the same KEYFRAMES (or animations)[/quote:77ec787490]

granted my terminology might be off..i was using mesh to refer to the skeletal frame of the model...but they are not new in the expansion..that brain looking thing is a gaping spider \"keyframe\" there is ahadank/gurk keyframe used in a nother..just look at the pictures, none of the keyframes are new and it is very obvious..so if you still think a new skin makes them new..feel free..i don't agree
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat May 07, 2005 4:42 pm

I find it unlikely the devs will ever add true \"new\" creatures, with new animations and models and such. Just more different skins using the same basic movement model.

Which means there will never be a scorpion-type creature :(

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”