Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

New Creature Levels

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Jubaal

New Creature Levels

Postby Jubaal » Wed May 04, 2005 2:42 am

Hi all, just wanted to know if the site was going to be updated with the new creature levels.

If it is my suggestion would be to keep the current creature level and call it \"Old Challenge Level\" then add a field called \"New Challenge Level\". This way people won't be unsure whether the creature level on the site is Pre or Post CU.

Just my little suggestion. :D
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Wed May 04, 2005 10:48 am

I haven't even logged in since the CU. How have the challenge levels changed? What else do I need to get done here to reflect in game changes?
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Jubaal

Postby Jubaal » Wed May 04, 2005 11:14 am

Thanks for the swift reply.

The main and simplest update I would suggest to reflect the changes would be:

- A Yes or No \"CU\" box. This would effectively say whether the data against the creature has been updated Post-CU

There hasn't been any other data added, only taken away:

-No special moves
-No resists
-No armour
-No details on whether they deathblow or not

However word on the street is that this was an oversite and this data will be fixed in a patch.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

However
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Thu May 05, 2005 2:58 pm

My understanding is that creatures now come in a range of levels, although tamed pets will all be the same for each creature.

Perhaps a minimum, maxium and tamed CL would be good? If any of the stats vary with level, pehaps have fields for those as well? Can someone tell us which fields are (are not) needed, what needs to be added, and what varies with CL?

I haven't logged in to verify yet either. I'm waiting for certain things to be fixed before I resubscribe. (I'd rather give the changes a fair chance than be instantly put-off by bugs.)
Kelsaka
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby Kelsaka » Fri May 06, 2005 4:09 am

From what I've seen wandering around Naboo, a wild hermit spider will always be level 4 but a mission hermit spider will ajust to the level of the person taking the mission.

I've not come across any wild creatures to contridict this yet but I'm still looking.

Kel
Kelsaka Rymi - Master Tailor/Master Merchant
Maisaka Rymi - Scout/Master Pistoleer
Jubaal

Postby Jubaal » Fri May 06, 2005 4:47 am

Kelaska I believe you are right. Even those creatures which appear to have an unusually high level when you use /examine it tells you the correct level for that creature.
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri May 06, 2005 3:36 pm

If it is only the missions that they vary then all the better. Maybe a reminder to only enter the examine level, not the mission level, is all that is needed then?
Electro

Postby Electro » Sat May 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Here is what was changed with the CU.....

CL has been almost completely redone for creatures. EG Kinad Baz Nitch went from CL46 to CL70. Noxious Vrelt Scavenger lowered from 10 to 6. No site changes, just updating.

HAM has been lowered a good deal. A CL70 creature now has around 7000 HAM, rather than the 12000 it would have had pre-CU. Just need updating, no site changes.

To-hit is no longer a decimal. Level 6 creature has 25 to-hit, level 70 has 170 to-hit. No change to site needed, just updates

Damage ranges widened and lowered for high level creatures, but raised for low level. Damage range of my CL70 Baz Nitch is 100-390, and for my Noxious Vrelt 30-190. No change to site needed, just updates.

Armor-resists are no longer viewable (even by a Master Ranger, unless they've changed that since I logged with my ranger a few days ago), and at this time anyway I assume they are based on level only, no more unique creatures because of resists. Not sure if they are going to bring this back or not. Your call whether to keep that information or get rid of it.

Special attacks for all creatures are now completely gone. Special attack commands are still in the CH skill set, but they no longer show up as trainable on any pet, and any pet that already has them will show the \"!\" when you use the command, but nothing happens. My hope is that they will be put back in at a later time, so you should probably keep them on the pages and just put a note that they no longer work at the moment, if they do put them back they will probably use the ones that are already assigned (easiest way).

And yes, the way creatures work is that they all have a \"natural level\", and then any mission you take scales them to whatever level the group is at the time. So you can get missions for level 80 creatures that usually show up as level 20, but if you tame a baby from a mission lair it reverts to natural level.
Austyn

Postby Austyn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:47 am

With the Resists and Armour going away they have been replaced by a generic \"armour defence\" number.

This seems to vary from 0 to 10,000.

The other bits you are missing is the new planet: Kashyyyk.
This also has Mobs with Bone, Hide, Meat etc...

The DNA stats for creatures have been completely altered with the \"balancing\" of the planets done in Publish 17. BE's (like me) can now make viable pets again, although Special Attacks still don't seem to appear.
\"Ranged\" attacks do seem to work on pets again.

Hope this helps.

Austyn.
Austyn Tayshus
Master BioEngineer
Shop Near Theed
Chimaera Server

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”