Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Searching DNA samples: limiting the range

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Lern

Searching DNA samples: limiting the range

Postby Lern » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:39 pm

I adore the DNA search items in the Adv Search area, however, now that you have given me an inch...

I would like to see a framework for searching DNA that would accomadate the following example: I want to find critters that have dependability between 950-1000. In the current system I would probably enter criterion to find critters with Dep greater than 950 and would then be able to scan the list for the critters that would accomadate my needs. However, what happens when I want to find a critter that has Dep between 550 and 575? Now, I get in trouble as the resultant set of data could be overwhelming.

As such would like to be able to search within a window of data. So, I could see a listing of all critters in database with dep [color=green][/color][size=18][/size]between[size=12][/size] 550 and 575.

Thanks for listening and keep up all the great work.
Dr. Lern
Cephalo

Postby Cephalo » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:34 am

I would also like to see this if possible. BE's often need to try for a particular CL, so search ranges would be extremely useful.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:12 am

This is something I would like to add so maybe soon!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”