Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Base and real HAM

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
RedGolpe

Base and real HAM

Postby RedGolpe » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:29 am

After some extensive research (?) I found that all creatures have a base HAM and their real H, A and M values are in a +/-10% range of the base HAM. That means, for example, that a gorg has a base value of 200 and its H, A and M value can range between 180 and 220. Therefore, when I found gorg's HAM to be 220 I corrected it in 200 (was I wrong?). Maybe it would be better to correct the caption in \"base HAM\" or to display the range value (it would be easy with a php scritp) instead the generic \"HAM\" we see atm. I think the best idea would be to LIST the range and to SUBMIT the base HAM in the form. This way, there's even no need to touch the database but only the display page, and in a very easy way.

RedGolpe playing as Arthesia
Master Scout
Master CH
Novice Ranger
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:58 am

While it would be grand to always have the exact base HAM value for a critter, I don't think it's an issue that what's displayed might be off by a few points. In the world of SWG (at least at this time) 200 health won't change a fight at all.

You can always get the correct base HAM value if you find a baby. Base HAM will always come out to 10 X the HAM of a baby critter (at least every critter I've seen to date).

Do you feel that it would be that beneficial to display a range of HAM values for creatures that only varies by about 10%?
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
RedGolpe

Postby RedGolpe » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:18 pm

Well, of course you are right, but since this site is already considered very cool (by me in the first place), why not making it extra cool? Anyway, it's your choice.
Red Golpe playing as Arthesia on Bria
Master Scout
Master CH
Novice Ranger

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”