Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Resource Quantities

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Hylidex

Resource Quantities

Postby Hylidex » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:00 am

I love the site as it has turned out so far, and it just keeps improving. I have a few additions to suggest:

1. I would love to see some indication as to how much resource can be harvested from a creature. This would help us balance difficulty to kill with the amount of meat, bone, or hide we can get, to each find our optimum. Of course, these would only be approximations, since it varies from individual to individual, and there would have to be a 'standard' scout level (say, at master scout working in a group), since the scout level and whether one is grouped both have an effect on the number. But even approximations would help a great deal in hunting.

2. It would be nice if ranged attack could be an option for the display. As a BE, I'm much more interested in its ranged attack than whether it drops babies, or even its aggressiveness.

3. I liked the suggestion to list most common loot drops by a creature. Perhaps we could even make it searchable: bile, armor segments, weapons, teeth.

4. I liked the suggestion of making a 'skin type' and 'family' category. Skin standards could be the BE craftable skins. Families would contain general types (quadruped lizards, biped lizards, flightless birds, etc.)

By far, this site and SWG Craft are the most useful SWG sites I have ever seen. Keep up the good work.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:37 am

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

1. As for the quantity of harvest, I really don't think this would be a feasible thing to track. First off for it to really be consistant, you would need to restrict it to a certain level (say Master Scout) and in doing so, this would greatly reduce the number of people would could even add that sort of data. I will see what I can do though, maybe make it so that people can enter in their current harvesting skill as well as quantity.

2. This is something that has been on my list for a while, and once I finish up the resource info, I can probably get this knocked out!

3. Loot drops is something I would like to add and will put it on the list!

4. Skin type and 'family' categories would be nice! I'll have to kick that around for a while and see what would be a good way to incorporate it into the site!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Hylidex

Resource Quantities

Postby Hylidex » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:18 am

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Perhaps you could treat it in a manner similar to DNA, in which quantities are averaged for each harvesting level (as it is now for each level of DNA quality), but only the highest shows up in the listing. I really think that in this case any data, even with some built-in variablility, is better than no data at all.

Another wonderful feature would be a choice of maximum listings per screen. Perhaps it could appear in user profiles. People with high-speed modems might like to see displays of more than 50 at a time, and people on dialup might like to limit it even further.

And just so you know--if you never changed another thing, you would STILL have one of the best web sites ever created <hiding my guilding kit as I inch toward the lily>.

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”