Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

crippling strike

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
osrim
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

crippling strike

Postby osrim » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:14 am

a few of the creatures i entered tonight have 'crippling strike' as their special attack 1 but its not listed in your options. Is it possible for you to add it in?

In another area, is it possible to take the auto-tick off 'all planets' in the advanced search? I find it strange how this is the only catogory that has a 'default' selection. I normally search by planet and forget to untick all planets after ive ticked the planet im looking at. Minor detail i know but hey, this is the suggestion board.
osrim
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby osrim » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:25 am

ok, forget the last suggestion, i see the reasoning now. If you don't touch anything and hit search it lists all the animals in the database. It's late....
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:43 am

Yeah, kinda have to have that there. One thing I think I CAN do however is have it uncheck itself if you select any of the other planets!

I'll look into that later today!

On a personal note, thanks for all the great Tatooine pictures! They are great and I know that takes a lot of time to edit all those screenshots, and upload them!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:43 am

Okay, when you select any planet, it will turn off the All selection! Hope this helps!

Also, Crippling Strike has been added to the special attacks table!
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Postby » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:13 am

Cool, thanks! Tatooine is pretty much done, i remember seeing womprat city's a while back but havn't found them for a while, and its hard to take a good picture of a krayt dragon because bounty hunters wearing nothing but shorts followed by three at-st's keep jumping in and killing them. I've moved onto naboo now, ive uploaded some naboo shots tonight, more to come.

Now onto the actual suggestion, alot of the options in the special attacks are different to the name that is displayed in the examine window for us ranger types. For example the special attack 'mild disease' i guessed weak disease out of your options. 'blinding strike' and 'stunning strike' you have listed as 'stun' and 'blind'. Is this just simplifying the special to one word? Or are you going by what the screen says when your pet attacks? It would be easier for me if the special attack descriptions match the examine window when i enter the data, but maybe there is a reason you have listed them the way you have.

Wow, wordy. I should stop posting messages late at night...

keep up the good work.
osrim
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby osrim » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:14 am

err, that last post was mine, I forgot i have to log in here as well as the main site....
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:30 am

Os - Thanks again for the picture updates!

As for the specific wording for the special attacks, I just have had to go by what I've seen posted in various places. I've never had a ranger high enough to actually see the specific wording (although I am trying to level up one on another server now, hehe).

If you can get me the list of attacks and potentially even what they do, then I can get those updated to the proper terminology!

Oh, and I'm working on getting the login to work across both the message boad and the site itself. The boards are in PHP and the site is in ASP, so having some difficulty in keeping them in sync in terms of login. Still working on it though!
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:56 pm

I posted some of these corrections in the other thread. If you need correlations between names and what they do just ask. I've been both a Ranger and a Creature Handler for so long that I know most of them.
osrim
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby osrim » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:34 am

now crippling strike is in the list twice :P .
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:56 pm

Dupe removed!
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”