Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Forced account registration and login for creature edit/add?

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forced account registration and login for creature edit/add?

Postby Juntao » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:12 am

Now that we have a pretty solid set of creatures listed, what do you guys think about enforcing that you must be registered and logged in before you can edit or add creatures?

We haven't really had too many instances of malicious false and inaccurate data, but forcing logging in would even further curb the amount we have had so far.

Do you think forcing registration and logging in will hamper our efforts in keeping an accurate database?
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:31 pm

I think it might be a good idea.

If nothing else, make a periodic back-up of the data just in case.
osrim
Wildlife Photographer
Wildlife Photographer

Postby osrim » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:35 am

I agree. It's not much effort to register and the database is pretty accurate at the moment, don't want it wrecked by random griefers.

This 'big creature balance' thing may disrupt things a bit, but hey, at least my pictures will still be accurate!
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:02 pm

Well, I added in forced registration and login before being able to add or edit creatures.

I really hate to do that as I want it to be as easy as possible to enter in creature information, but at the same time, I even more don't want some random jerk coming along and destroying your and my hard work.

Hopefully this will cull the mischevious people from the site without hampering the input of creature data.

Thanks again to you guys who work so hard to keep the data current and I apologize for those who have had their data ruined by someone.
Juntao Ta'kor

Master Creature Handler

Ahazi Galaxy

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”