Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Exact HAM checkbox?

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Exact HAM checkbox?

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:36 am

I try to enter HAM values based upon babies. While the HAM on wild adults is random, it is within a range based upon this number. Obviously it is not always possible to get the value from a baby, but it gives us the most accurate number.

There are a couple of instances where I have found a later update to change a value that I know was from a baby. It would be nice if there was a checkbox to let future updaters know that this is an exact HAM based upon a baby so they do not update unless it has truly changed.

(It probably does not need to be searchable, but an indication on the detailed information might be nice.)
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:04 am

Oh, another thing that has changed with the system:

A creature can have zero effectiveness. The detail listing causes this to show as a vulnerability, which is not really true. This is important for Bio-Engineers' sampling because true vulnerabilities have a greater negative impact on the clones' resistances.
ElectroTheCH

Postby ElectroTheCH » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:00 pm

Yah, they can have 0 resistances. Not only do they effect BE creatures, but if there is something with armor and a 0 for effectiveness, the armor will still block damage. Vulnerabilities, on the other hand, null the armor.
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:26 pm

I'll look into the checkbox.

Unfortunately on the effectiveness..... A while back, I actually ran an update on all creatures in the database that moved any resist that was zero to vulnerability. :oops:

It won't force it to be this way anymore though and sorry for that one ... :cry:
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Lantyssa
Field Biologist
Field Biologist

Postby Lantyssa » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:27 am

No worries. Until this patch, I don't think anything with armor had a zero effectiveness, so it all needed to be updated anyways.

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”