Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Creature Resource Harvesting amount

Suggestions and recommendations on improving SWGCreatures.com (NOT SWG THE GAME!)
bonestein

Creature Resource Harvesting amount

Postby bonestein » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:05 pm

Generally when I come to this website, I want to find what creature drops what resource on what planet.

example, Insect meat on naboo.

the option that I would like to see is:

approximatly how much meat or bones or hide does the creature drop?

example Enraged Rancors drop 180 units - 220 units of meat per harvest.

Sure the numbers are pretty spread, but the smaller animals would be closer together.

like a Durni drops 15-20 units of meat when harvested.

just something I would like if possible. Don't know if anyone else is interested. :)
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:49 am

This is something I have wanted to add but wasn't 100% sure how to best go about it. I'll spend some more time thinking about it!

My todo list seems to be ever growing... there needs to be more time in the day =x
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
Kelsaka
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist
Expert Kashyyyk Biologist

Postby Kelsaka » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:33 pm

Things that would effect the harvesting results are creature state (fat & healthy, medium size, scrawny & unhealthy), scout/ranger harvesting level and veghash quality if used. Taking all these into account could mean some creatures have a very large harvesting scale.

I did think of two ways of getting the info on the creature pages, but I have no idea how easy they would be to add.

The first being two boxes for enterting min and max amounts.
For example, on gnort it could be:
[b:8a6d41d52d]Hide harvest qty: min = [color=yellow:8a6d41d52d]3[/color:8a6d41d52d] max = [color=yellow:8a6d41d52d]6[/color:8a6d41d52d] units[/b:8a6d41d52d]
and if someone harvests less than 3 or more than 6 they could change it accordingly. Although if the drop rates are changed in a future publish it could possibly make the data very out of date.

Second idea would be an average quantity, like with the DNA average values, perhaps 1 number per resource per creature or even 3 to represent the three states above (although the 'state' is only revealed when you go to harvest so might not be worth splitting up). So for the gnort again:
[b:8a6d41d52d]Hide harvest qty [color=yellow:8a6d41d52d]5[/color:8a6d41d52d] (average*)[/b:8a6d41d52d]
With 'average' linked to a description which explains its the average of recorded quantites entered, because you know someone will ask why they are not harvesting the amount listed :wink:

I only really see it being useful if the quanties can be added to the search option. If you are being sent to look for wild meat (for example) the last thing you want to do is check each of the pages in turn to see what quantities are likely. Being able to search for a meat/hide/milk/bone type on a planet has always been useful, being able to see which of the creatures gives the most resource per kill could make it even more helpful.

I'm all for it as I love new reasons to annoy the Nabooian wildlife :twisted:

Kel
Kelsaka Rymi - Master Tailor/Master Merchant
Maisaka Rymi - Scout/Master Pistoleer

Return to “SWG Creatures Suggestions”