Attention: These forums serve as read only archive of the original and may not be modified. All user accounts and logins have been disabled. Attempting to register, login or view a users profile, which requires a login, will result in your request being blocked.

Admin, please scan this sites file for virus

If you find any bugs with the SWGCreatures.com website (NOT SWG THE GAME!), be sure to let me know!

Postby » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:08 pm

Hi all = I picked this up awhile back. I set this site on restrcted which stop the trojan but also keeps the search options from working properly. I'll try the host update. Thanks for the info. It will download numerous - I mean 8 or 10 links and exe's if you are not careful.

Ixiso on Bria
Juntao
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Juntao » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:38 pm

So, good news and bad.

The good news is that I'm 99.9% positive that the viruses and trojans are not coming from my site.

The bad news is that you are likely infected with other trojan and or viruses yourself. I did a bit of research and found some trojans out there that do not get detected by AVG and other AV software. When a service is exectued (such as the java services necessary to run some of the menus on the site), the trojans are triggered and try to download and install from wherever on the net they reside. This makes it appear as though the viruses come from SWGCreatures, although they do not.

I wish I could point you somewhere to clean your system, but I have not found fool proof free AV software that can detect said trojans. Often the place of infection is in your System Volume Information folders on your root drives (they are hidden and unviewable).

Now, I'm not saying I'm 100% in the know about this kind of stuff, but I can say with certainty that these viruses do not originate on SWGCreatures. I do wish you luck in removing said trojans and let me know if I can be of help in the future!
Juntao Ta'kor
Master Creature Handler
Ahazi Galaxy
KristArmain

Postby KristArmain » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:30 pm

AVG makes a lot of false jumps too, and Norton is even worse in that regard, Norton will likely detect any activeX script as possibly malicious, and a good deal of javascripts as well.

Return to “Bug Reports”